What TT's do you folks have

Got this for free, platter was froze. Need was shit. Rubber mat was warped and unglued.30 bucks later she's a champ again.

Attachments

• 20180130_212607.jpg
    20180130_212607.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 69
Thorens TD160 with a SHure V15 Type V that's in storage waiting to be rebuilt.
Technics SL1800 with a Shure M97E.
Technics SLD2 with an Stanton EE series (681?) cart

Welcome to the AK turn table forum.

The woodies are the latest rage! :thumbsup:
They probably always were in style. Ditch the particleboard plinth and improve them with genuine wood. bracing and vibration deadening.
I'm loving the sound off my old woodie and a new Pickering XSV needle tonight.
Only bad thing about the Pioneer woodies is they are VERY touchy to footfall and even sometimes skips on the shelf I ended up building for it.
Now if they would only bring back (non Chrysler) genuine wood-panel cars!
pioneer tt shelf.jpg

View attachment 1048763 View attachment 1048764

Have had this Dual 601 for 42 years. I had it rebuilt this last summer and am enjoying my vinyl once again. Tonight I decided I was not liking the looks of the original shipping plastic/protector in the center hub. It was yellow and stained and beginning to lift. 20 years ago. So I pulled it tonight, gave it a little spit polish and a kleenex rub. Looks like new again. That's all....
Hey mate, try on old Pickering XSV or Shure cartridge on that Dual. Low mass arms work and sound real good on the classic 70's Duals.
Some of the best built automatic tables ever made I say.

Here's my PTP Audio Solid12 - a Lenco based unit with an SME M2-12-r tonearm. Cartridges used include the Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC Star shown here, Ortofon Synergy GM SPU, Zyx R100, Hana EL and others . . . .

threequarterview.jpg

More pictures are on my blog here.

You can see/hear it in action on my YouTube channel, along with my other turntables - Kenwood KD7010, Sony Biotracer PS-X600, and Technics SL-QL1.

Thorens TD150 MKII, SME 3009 improved arm and Shure V15 III
Thorens TD150 MKII, Standard arm, unknown Ortofon cartridge. This is my daily user.
Thorens TD135 MKII with standard arm, no cartridge at present and needs to be refurbished.
JVC QL-A5R, Audio Technica AT95E cartridge. This is a really underrated deck IMO.

Last edited:
BIC 960 with a Stanton 681EEE. I know that this table gets lots of negative reviews, but I bought this new in 75 and it's been in storage for the last couple of years. We just moved, and finally set my sound system up. Much to my amazement, this table works and sounds like the day I bought it! It's never been serviced or had the belt replaced! Very impressive for a budget turntable!

I picked up a Dual CS-606 for $15 and then spent a whole lot more on a new plinth for it. Still looking for the additional counter weight so I can get rid of the ULM cart.
Want to also change the power cord and audio cables as they are kinked and rusted.

DSC_0047.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom