Soldering starter kit -- any thoughts?

Weller is brand from APEX Tools Group and his soldering iron tools is made anywhere and also from China, mexico etc. Hakko is from China and made own tools in China.

Look from 0:53... :)

Last edited:
I got mine from these guys: TEquipment.NET from Long Branch, NJ, and I'm now seeing them listed on Hakko's web site as being an authorized seller. Whew!

I'm also in the market for a new soldering station and have a question. Are both the Weller WE1010NA and the genuine Hakko FX888D made in China?

My Hakko has a sticker on it that indicates that the unit is made in Malaysia.

[QUOTE="FileFixer, post: 11295787, member: 271824" Hakko is from China and made own tools in China.[/QUOTE]

Hakko is Japanese company,and the head office is located in Japan.

[QUOTE="FileFixer, post: 11295787, member: 271824" Hakko is from China and made own tools in China.

Hakko is Japanese company,and the head office is located in Japan.

No its China company but on 2010. he moves head office in Japan.

EDIT:
Sorry I`m wrong, I`m constantly looking some thing other... HAKKO Metal Industries is from Osaka. 2010. it`s move to Tokyo.

Am I stupid?! :D

Last edited:
Just because they are selling on Amazon does mean that they are in any way legit.Do they appear on the Hakko website as an official supplier? If they do not appear on the Hakko list,they are not legit

From Hakko's website. Seems legit :)

B & D Enterprises
  • Address:
    117 Liberty Street , Russell, Pennsylvania

United States , 16345

B & D Enterprises
  • Address:

United States , 16345

B+D is an authorized stocking distributor of board level "original" semiconductor components. We have been servicing the commercial, consumer, industrial and medical repair market since 1976.
Types of semiconductors we sell... etc. They sell... Sell original product as other do the same thing.

Last edited:

B & D Enterprises
  • Address:

United States , 16345

Excellent! Better safe than sorry,eh?

A lot of people don't like the looks or the colour scheme,but they really remind me of a Minion:rflmao:

images
images

I'm also in the market for a new soldering station and have a question. Are both the Weller WE1010NA and the genuine Hakko FX888D made in China?

The Weller is made in Mexico; I think I heard Malaysia for the Hakko, but don't take that last to the bank.

I have the $20 Yihua Hakko knock off from Hobby King. I was poor when I bought it, but it's worked great. I did have to buy a new actual iron part for it after 4 or 5 years of service. $10 on eBay and it was good as new.

When it finally chooches it's last I'll grab a real Hakko.

What about this solder sucker?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777LMVTT/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3O3I9ZO1SVVWE&colid=1GT0OQCXFGZDX&psc=0

Tabiger Solder Wick & Desoldering Pump

Reviews are good, and it's cheap, so if it stinks, no big deal. Anyone used it?

I have used the Edsyn DS017 Soldapult for decades,and it's a great tool.

During the summer I was at the local supplier,and they were selling the exact same make/model that you are asking about.The build quality seemed really good for the price (12 buck?) and the slim size was really attractive.You can also remove the foam grip to make it even smaller.This guy fits anywhere,and by comparison,the Soldapult feels huge.

Now for the good part: After months of almost daily use I can truly say this thing is frickin' great!! The amount of suction is incredible,and to date it has NEVER clogged.Considering the quality and performance,I just cannot believe the price this thing sells for. I feel guilty,but the old DS017 has been replaced:oops:

You may never be able to find replacement parts,so I would suggest you buy a bunch.

During the summer I was at the local supplier,and they were selling the exact same make/model that you are asking about.The build quality seemed really good for the price (12 buck?) and the slim size was really attractive.You can also remove the foam grip to make it even smaller.This guy fits anywhere,and by comparison,the Soldapult feels huge.

Now for the good part: After months of almost daily use I can truly say this thing is frickin' great!! The amount of suction is incredible,and to date it has NEVER clogged.Considering the quality and performance,I just cannot believe the price this thing sells for. I feel guilty,but the old DS017 has been replaced:oops:.

Great, thanks, I'll pick up one. Now, for the thermal paste -- attaching transistors to heatsinks. Will this work?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0045JCFLY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Dow Corning 340. This stuff has been the industry standard since transistors have been mounted to heatsinks:)

Thanks - grabbed one off ebay that was cheaper. I'm guessing an ounce will last me a few millennia :)
Yep. I bought the 5 oz. tube for $35. I'm a 67 year old hobbyist. I think I will be able to hand that tube down to my kids and grandkids. :rflmao:

Back
Top Bottom