Is Marrs Communications dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerochrome

About two months ago I ordered belts for a few items, and although I received them but about half of the belts were the wrong size. I have sent several emails to Marrs communications at the addresses listed for krista and hope over the past 2 months, but I have received no response. Has anyone had recent dealings with Marrs?

They have been hit or miss for years. About every other order, you would have to start a thread over on tapeheads so that you would get your order.
Though I had never previously heard anything bad about the quality, or getting the wrong belts.

Just ordered a belt kit from them a week ago.
A few days later got a note from Krista; they were on the way.
Fred's got help, things seem better.
Plus, while not the cheapest - his belts are very high quality.

I am having issues with them right now actually. Will follow up here if and when they come through, but thus far I am concerned.

Thanks for posting, Fred.
Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you here.

Wow, what a way to run a business in the 21st century. Family or not, customer service is everything today. Why would I or anyone else buy something and wait months for it to maybe show up? No thanks...

I personally believe there is quality in dealing with a small family owned business. Belts are a hard thing to replace, so why wouldn’t you want the best product you can buy. I think it was big of Fred to explain their situation and reason for delay

Pretty sure I saw a number of similar complaints on here a few years back.

What a fantastic way to run a business...

Our Only Problem is we have too much Business for 2-3 People to handle.

This is a "family" Business and we will not be adding additional employees. This is our 12th Year in Business

Respectfully disagree with your assessment.

This is just the tip of the iceberg of a much bigger problem, and that problem is the unwillingness to meet your customers' needs in a timely manner. I sincerely hope you don't look back regretting that decision of not hiring an additional employee or two.

To Be Honest, I doubt that Fred can afford to hire any additional employees. His is a very small business and I seriously doubt that it is a big money maker, more likely it is a labor of love.

Mark Gosdin

If your business can’t provide adequate service with your current team and you can’t afford to hire additional people then your business model and pricing are ill-conceived.
If the market won’t support higher prices and your customers expect better service then you are ultimately doomed to fail.

Dang another bashing thread. As a TH member, I see a good bit of discussion and Fred's participation there to explain things better. There are things wrong with his business practices like creating the shipping label that provides a tracking number and this makes the customer feel like the belts are on the way when he may have to research what belts and then retrieve them, package them and ship them...at the Post Office. Folks want info on delays...how about the over 100 emails a day he receives, how long can one spend on each one before the day is spent and no work gets done. What about the fact that he was flooded out of his house in TX not too long ago, don't know which flood and he has relocated, no slack for acts of God and nature?

We are in an instant gratification phase of consumerism and if one doesn't abide they get the rocks thrown. Maybe do as Fred suggests and if you gotta right now don't use his belts. He has better belts, the techs know it and order from him as needed but they also order from other sources. Some machines just don't require the quality of belt that Fred supplies.

You folks are saying that if he can't come up to today's expectations he should close up shop...where will you be then, needing a specific belt for that high buck machine with no suppliers, just the generic crap that is 'supposed' to work. We know about those cheap belts on the Thorens turntables. There is only one belt that will keep a non-speed adjustable Thorens running at the correct speed and it is the Thorens belt. Since that is one belt for many turntables, the sellers only stock one belt and sell it all day long to those that want the right belt. I believe the machines Fred has belts for used different belts for every machine, every function and even every year of manufacture, like ink cartridges for a printer it isn't universal. Keep up the bashing and maybe you won't be able to get belts for you machine and you will have a serious speed problem with generic or a doorstop.

But I still think that Fred could do a much better job, but I don't know the inner workings of the operation and I'm pretty sure as mentioned it won't support more employees. I wish him luck in keeping the business going as I may need some belts some day. My Thorens tables have Thorens belts and I'd like to think I can put Marrs Communications belts on my tape machines.

Last edited:
kmulkey, you get nothing but the truth from Marrs

alteclipshc,You do not understand, we do Not want to be any Larger than we are. Don't wait __Buy your belts elsewhere.

Marine0811, Thank You !

Dazaa, Keep buying your belts elsewhere. You don't know, what you have not tried ?

ETLS, Been running the business this way for 12 years. Not going to Change. Other Problems ?
Largest on line inventory in the USA. All Product made in the Japan.

mgosdin, Thank you ! Started out with Nakamichi Factory Belts only. When you have to put up with WHINING, it stops being fun.

alteclipshc, If you would read the website, you would know if there are delays. Ship estimate posted DAILY on the Home Page.

w1jim, Again, we are Very Happy with the size of our Company AND we have belts no other belt sellers Have.

Blue Shadow,
Thank you for the kind words. No, we are Not a perfect company, they do NOT exist.
Labels are Printed when the order is received to let the customer know his Payment Was Received.
Customers know how long it will be before we ship their order BEFORE they send Payment. Posted on the Home Page DAILY.
We have belts that No Other Sellers have because we have them custom Manufactured in Japan.
Our Belts have a LIFETIME Guarantee with Free Replacement ( Less Shipping )
Our Factory Capstan Belts are Guaranteed to meet ANY Manufactures published wow/flutter specifications on YOUR machine IF, your Transport is Fully Serviced.
( Marrs is the Only Belt seller to make this Guarantee ).
No Other Sellers provide belts that are manufactured in Japan. All belts being sold in the USA are manufactured in China, Taiwan or Malaysia, except Belts from Marrs.
In 12 years, Not One customer ever lost a Nickle doing business with Marrs.
We have the most accurate interchange in the industry, and made over 1,300 corrections to the latest Published Interchange available to "Other" Sellers.
Marrs is the Only Seller that has this Information.
If you have a Odd Machine and can't find belts, we can have them Manufactured. __ On and On and On.

Thank you to everyone who has done Business with Marrs Communications. It is Greatly Appreciated.

If you have a problem with Marrs, contact me DIRECTLY: nakamichi@marrscom.com
I will not discuss problems with a customer in ANY Forum.

Fred M.
cc: Krista krista@marrscom.com
Glad your keepin it small and in the family.Too bad you didn't have more kids. :) Do you have belts for cassette boomboxes as well?

Last edited:
Hi Keith, Boomboxes, CD players, DVD Players, D.A.T. Machines, Cassette Decks, R/R Machines, Minidisc, Laserdisc, Elcaset Decks.
Send your Old Belts we will match them. We have belts for everything. Thanks Much ! Fred M.
Who's Keith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom