SIX 18 inch SUBWOOFERS & This is how Home Theater should be done!

Harvestor

Addicted Member

One of the smartest most elegantly done not over the top, but super clean and the sound pressure levels are unparalleled with six 18 inch SUBWOOFERS that you can't even see are there !.... And this feature alone makes this one of the coolest home theaters ever!

This is from Friday January 26th 2018 Fresh Off YouTube today!

If you look at this video you will see what he did to completely hide the six 18 in Subwoofers with what looks to be just your average sound-deadening panels, this and how he has a separate room behind the screen for all the electronics makes this a very nice clean set up

Last edited:
LOL. Looks like maybe a 25" to me...but the website seems to indicate a considerably larger projection screen has been in place for a while now. Looks like the same rug though. :)

Noname.jpg

Now we are talking some serious HT. JBL all the way. You might get the same performance from Community or Meyer, but JBL in the big elephant in the room today.

My better half's cousin built a home theater in his basement, and set up four large drivers in an infinite baffle setup in which the backend fires into the laundry room. (I would think a nice side effect might be to dry clothes. :D ) I've never been out to hear it since it is a fair distance from the house, but for some reason I'm thinking it dipped down to 18Hz. Details here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/2060770-ht-month-envelope.html .

My better half's cousin built a home theater in his basement, and set up four large drivers in an infinite baffle setup in which the backend fires into the laundry room. (I would think a nice side effect might be to dry clothes. :D ) I've never been out to hear it since it is a fair distance from the house, but for some reason I'm thinking it dipped down to 18Hz. Details here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/92-community-news-polls/2060770-ht-month-envelope.html .
Wow thank you for that I will spend even more time later digging deeper into this work of your cousins awesome just awesome

Wow thank you for that I will spend even more time later digging deeper into this work of your cousins awesome just awesome
It's my better half's cousin--funny thing about this is, I kind of stumbled across him online and ended up seeing what he'd posted over there. We're lucky to see them every few years, and it's usually for some family get-together. Other than that, I think we're diametrically opposed--I'm more of the analog purist, where he's "digital all the things". :D

These system photos are very handy when you need to convince that wife whatever you drag into the house is quite reasonable. A 5.1 system with a single 18" sub in the living room is quite modest. Right? Right, guys? You got my back?

These system photos are very handy when you need to convince that wife whatever you drag into the house is quite reasonable. A 5.1 system with a single 18" sub in the living room is quite modest. Right? Right, guys? You got my back?
Make that two 18 inch subs and then I will agree,... I'm a firm believer in a minimum of two subwoofers...I mean come on that guy's got twelve 24 inch subwoofers & that's ideal ....but if you have to compromise just two 18 in is more than reasonable...lol

There is actually a method to the madness of multiple subs. :D

Seriously. There is something out there that is referred to as a distributed bass array. It is ideally four subwoofers placed in exact spots within a listening room, placed largely by ear (although someone could probably use an SPL meter or professional RTA device with a mic to do it).

The first sub is placed at the listening position. From there, using the proper test tones, you go around the perimeter of the room to find the spot that has the most balanced bass response. Place the second sub there. Go around the perimeter again, find the most balanced spot, and place the third there. Do this also for the fourth sub. Finally, listen around the perimeter again, and this time move your first sub (at the listening position) to that spot, but reverse the phase. This setup has the effect of minimizing room modes and fully energizing the room with bass. The volume does not need to be up very high either. I saw one system out there that included four subs and a 1,000 watt Dayton class D amp, but I would think it should work with any type of sub. (Four wireless subs would be ideal IMHO, although balancing the volume could be tedious.)

Or if not, yeah, sure...four solid walls of 18" woofers gotcha covered, mang. :D

Back
Top Bottom