Post a pic of your Electronics Bench

Workbenches and pants seem to have much in common:oops:
But there are differences as well. For instance, I've never pissed in my bench because I had too much to drink. :no:

FTR, I've never pissed in my pants either... just couldn't resist!

But there are differences as well. For instance, I've never pissed in my bench because I had too much to drink. :no:

FTR, I've never pissed in my pants either... just couldn't resist!

:rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao::rflmao:

Sorry Ray,still counts.Just because you were passed out when it happened doesn't engender plausible deniability.....:D

For a well stabilized AC Voltage on the bench:
Philips 7776 AC Voltage stabilizer, max. load of the saturation reactor = 2,5kW
the apparatus have 5 tubes and a weight of 160 pounds.
Input any, from 180 up to more then 250V AC,
Output 220V (adjustable) stabilized <0,1% between nothing and full load.

DSCF0011.JPG

greetings
Martin

Great benches on display. Martin You have Tek Scope Heaven beautiful. Seen your posting on EEVblog. Given me ideas. Have to clear part of the house being used for storage to set up my spot.

This is a cool setup - what all have you got going on there?>

You mean the switches?

-The red one is the main 110v power for the monitors and the PC power supply input.
The four small switches:
-PC Power supply power-up signal
-5v Power to the 4" LCD monitors
-5v Power to the SD media players
-12v "remote power" signal to the car amplifier

The jacks on the bottom row are inputs for the monitors (HDMI, 1/8" Stereo audio, composite, and 2 more composites for the 4" LCDs). Speakers for the main monitor are mounted down-firing under the cabinet

Also have a Tektronix 453 DOA, that's another story

what means DOA please?
453 is a cold Classic Tek, no IC inside. Full 50 MHz. Only in the High Voltage part are 5642 rectifier tubes working, and in older models nuvistor inputs, newer 453 and 453A have FET inputs.
I like them :) the compatible scope mobile is the K212
453.jpg

greetings
Martin

Typically, DOA means Dead On Arrival. Kaput. Not Operating.
Another reason I like the old Tektronics scopes is that they help keep my shop warm. :D

Last edited:
My current workspace is a bit temporary as I just moved into a new (to me) house 6 months ago and have numerous remodeling projects ahead of me. Restoring a receiver now and again is a good distraction from other stresses. Eventually I’ll frame up something a little nicer and hopefully get more organized...well maybe I’ll just settle for nicer.

photo feb 11, 10 10 28 am.jpg

Back
Top Bottom