Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

Coincedentally I just received a JVC AX-Z911 for repair. I repaired it half a year ago (complete new power stage) and recently the owner informed me the right channel did not work anymore.

Oops, a complaint, not something I am used to really...

Today I prepared the work bench to start performing tests and I hooked up the amp and connected it to power and it....

worked just fine....

You don't want to know how often that happens to me...

:rflmao:

I got hooked to the Digifine series because of the repair I did on this one, these are very very nice amps. So apart from a number of vintage JVC stuff I posted here earlier I now own my own AX-Z911 too.
And an AX-Z711. And an RX-1010V. And another AX-Z911... :)

Here, the "defective" amp, playing the stars from the skies;

8seSNmv.jpg

Of course the Yamaha can't be ignored either...

My AX-5 and XL-M97 changer. AX-5 from eBay, sent from Canada to US. $130 in repairs to the phono section, and performs flawless. Door is intact, but saggy. Some double sided tape, a metal tab, and mini magnets and stays shut better than new. XL-M97 was a thrift store find, would get stuck between slots when changing discs. Changed the belts with some hardware store o-rings, and hasn't missed a beat since. Has a Sanyo DAC in it, that seems to be well regarded, even though was a botl model. Sounds pretty good to me. Both will be getting matching wood sides soon. Now just to find a JVC turntable.

Attachments

• IMAG0271.jpg
    IMAG0271.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 14
and the matching turntable for m-7050 / 7070- the own prototype QL-801 (with tt-801). For the ML-10 it would be the victor QL-A95 / QL-Y77

(Victor QL-801)

regards, k
Beautiful! Does the arm weight eventually droop like the QL-7's? If so, how did you fix it?
I've been keeping my eye on the 7's for a while.
Glenn

@jvc_graz : Is that a 4DD-10 demodulator there?

ml-10_pl-10_01efsz4-mod.jpg

I got one by coincidence some 7 years ago, and subscribed to the quadrophonic forum then to see if anybody out there would know something about it.
To this very day: nobody does, and no technical or PR information ever found about that unit.

Oh well, still in storage :)
Here some photos:

JVC 4DD-10 img1.jpg JVC 4DD-10 img2.jpg JVC 4DD-10 img3.jpg JVC 4DD-10 img4.jpg

Attachments

• JVC 4DD-10 img7.jpg
    JVC 4DD-10 img7.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 3
  • JVC 4DD-10 img8.jpg
    JVC 4DD-10 img8.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2
Cool thing! I'm really fond of the quad things too, JVC made some exceptionally nice stuff in that line. But much of it is rather difficult to find, it would be nice to ever find a JVC quadraphonic reel to reel.

Can't remember if I ever posted my JP-V1000 pre amp on here. Currently in a million pieces being repaired. Weighs over 16KG and is class A apparently.

Attachments

• IMG_1969.JPG
    IMG_1969.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 26
I let you guys soak up this scenery in my living room last xmas :beatnik:
True Victor guys know what these are......
It took me 5 years, or is it 6.....?

One unit belongs to a fellow AKer in California who shipped it to me for a decent preserving renovation, which triggered the renovation of all four units in one go. Started that project 3 weeks ago; expect to take 2 months for the first one, then 1 month for each other one. When all are done I intend to do a profound dedicated thread on it

DSC00001 small.jpg

Fellow JVC fanatics....my JVC RX-903V is in need of the "super cap" or whatever it is that stores EQ settings and tuner functions. I can't find the manual online, and Google shows nothing. I'm assuming (but could be wrong) that it would be the same as whatever is in similar units like the 1010V, 1001V, 1050V, 950V, etc., but I can't find anything. Any idea of the values I need to look for? I want to place an order on Mouser today for some items related to another project, and would like to knock this one out in the process.

.my JVC RX-903V is in need of the "super cap" or whatever it is that stores EQ settings and tuner functions.
You should start a new thread. I MIGHT have that manual. I bought a lot that may have been included. I can look later. I have to leave at the moment.

You should start a new thread. I MIGHT have that manual. I bought a lot that may have been included. I can look later. I have to leave at the moment.

I found a manual for the similar 1010V on hifiengine.com and looked through it for a while. The problem is I honestly don't even know what part I'm looking for. I am not exactly learned on reading schematics to say the least. I'd bet a decent amount of money that the 1010 uses the same part.
http://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/jvc/rx-1010v.shtml

Back
Top Bottom