Seth (NoTransistors) Is Phenomenal!!!

bezaleel

After being abused and ripped off by FMD! I was referred to Seth. WOW!! The only word that comes to mind is amazing!!!
I sent Seth my "1229Q", packaged as safe as I knew how to. The condition sent was as I received it, after being jipped by FMD. My 1229Q had no cosmetic flaws when I sent it to FMD. What I got back led me to believe my tt had been switched. It was no longer pristine. And the punk won't take my phone call.

Getting to the point of my post, Seth is in creditable!!! As soon as I began to open the box, I noticed how meticulous he packed my "Q"! Every piece was secured by tape, foam, ties and rubber bands. No loose parts were in the box. Everything was accounted for and "locked down". I became giddy, as this reminded me of removing plastic model parts off a injection mold parts tree. If you ever put a plastic model together, you understand how you look at all the pieces and think about how they go together!

Words cannot describe how well this job was done. My Dual 1229Q is astounding! Every function, executed like new! The sound was the best part. I played some "Quadraphonic" albums and I was transformed. I could hear what I had been missing. I can now "rest" and enjoy my music like I am supposed to. My TT preserves my album with such delicate care. No Hum!!! Just sheer Bliss!!!

Seth is a understated Dual Turntable Restoration EXPERT!!! Make no mistake about it. And he is really a nice guy that keeps his word. Also, please know his price was more than fair. I made a "new friend". After being ripped off by a horrible person, I met a real "Rock Star"!

So let me say Kudos to Audiokarma and Seth! Thank you, Thank you... THANK You So much!... for suggesting Seth fix my Dual! He IS the real deal!!! Not a "impostor". Seth Is Phenomenal!!!

After being abused and ripped off by FMD! I was referred to Seth. WOW!! The only word that comes to mind is amazing!!!
I sent Seth my "1229Q", packaged as safe as I knew how to. The condition sent was as I received it, after being jipped by FMD. My 1229Q had no cosmetic flaws when I sent it to FMD. What I got back led me to believe my tt had been switched. It was no longer pristine. And the punk won't take my phone call.

The pitchforks are bound to come out soon, but before they do, please know you're not the only one who has had horrible experiences with FMD...

And I also wholeheartedly endorse Seth aka @NoTransistors ! His turnaround may not be not super quick, but it is highly skilled and very meticulous, and he will alert you to any potential trouble spots (ie: damaged parts) before completing the work. Absolutely highly recommended!

Malcolm !!!
I have discovered that the huge granite-topped workstation in my finished basement is a bit radioactive, So I brought down a huge Formica table to work on.
Now, I start a rebuild in the basement and complete it in my upstairs man cave..Unlike the basement, there is an actual window !
Matter of fact, I might move the entire process upstairs.

Thank you for the GLOWING review.

Last edited:
I have discovered that the huge granite-topped workstation in my finished basement is a bit radioactive,

Maybe that's the secret ingredient that makes my Elac sound so good! Have you tested the basement for radon? It's quite a nice space, I'd hate to find out it is hazardous for you.

Mark! How the heck are you and family?

Thank you. Did check for radon. Radon does not exist in every below-ground basement. And my house is over a swamp. But the granite is making me nervous. There are three bedrooms upstairs. My new cave is the smallest. This leaves the master. Can be used as my workshop. Just needs an Ikea desk and a chair. I keep turntable parts up here anyway. Shit, if I wanted a slightly-radioactive home, I would have moved near any one of hundreds of nuclear test sites. Or Three Mile Island. Or Fukushima,, the latest proof that we are not smart enough to deal with such technology.

Shit, if I wanted a slightly-radioactive home, I would have moved near any one of hundreds of nuclear test sites. Or Three Mile Island. Or Fukushima,, the latest proof that we are not smart enough to deal with such technology.

The problem with reactors is you only hope they remain "slightly-radioactive". One day we will all be screwed. Or our children if we don't live to see it.

Getting to the point of my post, Seth is in creditable!!! As soon as I began to open the box, I noticed how meticulous he packed my "Q"! Every piece was secured by tape, foam, ties and rubber bands. No loose parts were in the box. Everything was accounted for and "locked down". I became giddy, as this reminded me of removing plastic model parts off a injection mold parts tree. If you ever put a plastic model together, you understand how you look at all the pieces and think about how they go together!

Words cannot describe how well this job was done. My Dual 1229Q is astounding! Every function, executed like new! The sound was the best part. I played some "Quadraphonic" albums and I was transformed. I could hear what I had been missing. I can now "rest" and enjoy my music like I am supposed to. My TT preserves my album with such delicate care. No Hum!!! Just sheer Bliss!!!

Seth is a understated Dual Turntable Restoration EXPERT!!! Make no mistake about it. And he is really a nice guy that keeps his word. Also, please know his price was more than fair. I made a "new friend". After being ripped off by a horrible person, I met a real "Rock Star"!

So let me say Kudos to Audiokarma and Seth! Thank you, Thank you... THANK You So much!... for suggesting Seth fix my Dual! He IS the real deal!!! Not a "impostor". Seth Is Phenomenal!!!
Wow, and I was getting ready to send my tt to FMD, not with stories like these, no no , can't take a chance with my TT, do you have a contact number for seth?

Back
Top Bottom