ISE 2018, Amsterdam

Satch

Audiotinkerer
While not strictly hifi (it's an exhibition about audio- and video integration and domotica) there were enough well-known brands to make this one worth visiting. I wrote a small review, unfortunately Dutch only. More interesting perhaps are the pics I took. Enjoy!

https://michielvanzaane.wordpress.com/2018/02/09/indrukwekkend-ik-bedoel-immersive-a-k-a-ise-2018/

ise-37.jpg

Cool! Does "Indrukwekkend" Mean what I suspect it means? I am now guessing it probably means introduction weekend as opposed to the "I'm Drunk weekend" my eyes initially imagined".

Cool! Does "Indrukwekkend" Mean what I suspect it means? I am now guessing it probably means introduction weekend as opposed to the "I'm Drunk weekend" my eyes initially imagined".

'Indrukwekkend' means 'impressive'. I was a bit annoyed at all the exhibitors using the word 'immersive' for everything, a bit like the word 'turbo' was supposed to make anything better in the '80's. I can see how 'indrukwekkend' can lead to 'I'm drunk weekend'. That kind of weekends lead to an impressive hangover, but that's another story...

I translated a bunch of the article to English using Google translate with the intent of posting here, but I couldn't locate this thread again until you replied. It was good reading.

Back
Top Bottom