Chickens Should Have To Adhere To ISO9000 Standards

Mister Pig

Pigamus Maximus
I really mean this. Chickens are horribly inconsiderate about the thickness of their eggshells. Hit one on the edge of a bowl and it just partially cracks with a spiderweb of lines. Hit the next one the same way, and it goes all the way through and you got eggshells in your scrambled eggs.

I think they do this on purpose.

Shouldn't the government step in here and get some kind of consistency to eggshell thickness? At least the ag industry should address this problem! Chickens need to be certified on their ability to produce consistent eggs.

Personally I think this is a devious chicken plot meant to disrupts the publics breakfast. Everyone knows that it is the most important meal of the day, and vital to having a productive time at work.

Regards
Mister Pig

Pigs clearly have a lot of penned up emotions. Back in the day chickens ran free while pigs were fenced in. Now both suffer the same fate of large scale commercial farming. Raised separately and in confinement the chickens have become eggstatic in rebellion. The pigs continue to suffer with hardly a grunt.

Roger

Eggs are meant to be soft boiled. Over-easy, scrambled, poached, sauté, they are all wannabe breakfasts.

Pigs clearly have a lot of penned up emotions. Back in the day chickens ran free while pigs were fenced in. Now both suffer the same fate of large scale commercial farming. Raised separately and in confinement the chickens have become eggstatic in rebellion. The pigs continue to suffer with hardly a grunt.

Roger

Not in Pig-topia!

pigs-of-bahamas-5%25255B9%25255D.jpg

25751D2300000578-2944893-Star_attraction_Tourists_visit_the_paradise_nicknamed_Pig_Island-a-17_1423432810306.jpg

swimming-pigs-bahamas-0006.jpg

Pig-Beach-Swimming-Big-Major-Cay-Bahamas-6-768x768.jpg

Chickens are horribly inconsiderate about the thickness of their eggshells

Pshaw and poppycock!

Eggs are perfect in their ovoid form and the variances in shell density are welcome evidence of their artisinal pedigree.

It takes tact and skill to coax the egg from its delicate container.

You can't just be (shall I say it?) - ham fisted - when handling the incredible edible egg.

I've been plagued by the shell problem for years. It's made worse by some low level DNA programming that makes me detest bits of shell in my egg. The smallest amount of shell and breakfast is ruined. I'm now in the habit of breaking eggs into a small Pyrex custard cup and removing any bits of shell that might have gotten in there. IMO, the shell quality has to be related to something the chickens get or don't get in their diet and no doubt that goes back to some economic issue with the feed.

Think what you get in the store is inconsistent? Try farm (or backyard) fresh eggs. I get all different shapes, sizes and colors, though the shells are generally pretty thick. Much of the size and color difference is related to different breeds of chicken though. White chickens lay white eggs, other breeds give various shades of tan. There is one breed that lays a blue-green egg (I don't have one). Some of mine border on pink.

Mostly shell thickness is controlled by how much calcium they get. If they are seriously lacking, you can actually get shell-less eggs. Imagine that inner "liner" and thats it. Quite nasty looking.

Are you going to put a head on the chopping block :yikes:
No. I'll just inform them of the problem, see if the problem exists in their production line, and ask them to devote themselves to coming up with a viable solution.

Enjoy,
Rich P

PS, Once they each get names, for every one of their heads that hits the green, one of mine has suffer the same fate. She who must be obeyed has powers and abilities beyond those of mortal men. :whip:

Back
Top Bottom