PA150- Chinese Tube Amplifier 3 X 3 Watts Rms Pc
Power plugs in bottom shelf and mini discs

Side cabinet

Sony MDS - JE520 Mini Disc
Roksan K2 Amplifier 125 Watts RMS Pc
Musical Fidelity A5 Amplifier 250 watts RMS Pc
QED and Cambridge interconnects

Speakers Dynaudio Emit M10 Unbranded interconnects

( speakers are placed on End Tables Bought from Argos store. The speakers are placed on Iso pads to stop vibration As i prefer these than having speaker stands )

Epiphone 355 Guitar (Frets have been flattened it has been properly, Set up and it so easy to play )

Note.

The Musical Fidelity A5 had a strange noise only can be described as a whirling sound on both sides of the Mono Block amps. This bothered me for a while. I paid for a so called expert to come out cost me £40 to pick it up take it to his workplace as it so heavy, and have a prod around. He mumbled grunted and huffed and puffed in my home, and said it was mains born hum, Nothing he could do and left. Blighter Still charged me £40. grrrrr.

Anyway The Musical Fidelity, I Fired up again with a different mains lead than the one i was using. This one pushed right in pure fluke . Low and behold the noise stopped. Imagine how happy i was.

What a wombat I thought £40

I can only assume the earth pin was not making contact. As it says in the Book of Words. This appliance must be Earthed. I stand to be corrected of course.

DSC00097.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Olson

Are you happy with it .. What speakers you running with yours.

I thought that's what i said it was. I felt i did not need to write integrated amplifier thought everyone know what it was my apologies for that.

Hello Olson

I thought that's what i said it was. I felt i did not need to write integrated amplifier thought everyone know what it was my apologies for that.
We are a pedantic bunch here, but MF does make an A5 'amplifier', so I also thought that's what you had until I looked at the pic.

Hello Olson

Very happy with it, currently powering some ATC SCM-40's. Although I am currently using a Cary SLP-98 Pre Amp into the Direct inputs to get some tube soul into the system.

Well: The shop took it apart had a look tested The Musical fidelity. They had the noise i had. They noticed there was a crackle on the Volume control on the right speaker as you turned it up from zero. They fixed this. Crackle gone Noise had gone put it back together gave it back to me. We plugged it in. Was fine. Then paid them they went. I did a few chores around the house. Put the amp back in line. There was the buzzing back.

I called the shop They said give us one hour and they were 2 hours but while I was Waiting something stranger happened. I turned on My Roksan K2 Backup amp. There was the same noise coming from the big round silver thing inside. These two amps were singing together whatever tune they were humming I would not have put in the "what are you listening to now thread" The Boss called me (The wife) I went away to sort her needs out (Now Now ) i came back an hour later after Being distracted, I'd left both amps running. Guess what? No funny Sounds or mummerings from both but they were on and running sweetly as they should. Now why does this happen.

I noticed we have voltage fluctuations in our lights , They should not affect the devices Should they? we are 230 volts @50hz

Right now Everything's as it should be. checked freezer and refrigerator turned them both off and on again. Could the problem lie in the ring mains. why is it intermittent

I sold my MF A5 in Gumtree Today I put the Add in Gumtree @ 10:00am Was sold by 10:20 am £450 ($638) I had replies from the width and length of England to buy it. But i won't do the post thing It was only sold locally as far as adds go.

I have a Roksan K2 for back up and a little valve amp... The Valve amp does not Hum by the way

Well: The shop took it apart had a look tested The Musical fidelity. They had the noise i had. They noticed there was a crackle on the Volume control on the right speaker as you turned it up from zero. They fixed this. Crackle gone Noise had gone put it back together gave it back to me. We plugged it in. Was fine. Then paid them they went. I did a few chores around the house. Put the amp back in line. There was the buzzing back.

I called the shop They said give us one hour and they were 2 hours but while I was Waiting something stranger happened. I turned on My Roksan K2 Backup amp. There was the same noise coming from the big round silver thing inside. These two amps were singing together whatever tune they were humming I would not have put in the "what are you listening to now thread" The Boss called me (The wife) I went away to sort her needs out (Now Now ) i came back an hour later after Being distracted, I'd left both amps running. Guess what? No funny Sounds or mummerings from both but they were on and running sweetly as they should. Now why does this happen.

I noticed we have voltage fluctuations in our lights , They should not affect the devices Should they? we are 230 volts @50hz

Right now Everything's as it should be. checked freezer and refrigerator turned them both off and on again. Could the problem lie in the ring mains. why is it intermittent

Yeah, sounds like you might have some fluctuation in your voltage supply coming in. Can you test it with a DMM? If that technician is coming out to your place, they can test it.
If there is, there may be a bad transformer or something nearby that can't handle high demand periods. Or you are on the same line as an industrial use that is using too much. Is it an older area?

Back
Top Bottom