Calling All Yamahas. Time to Post Your Pics

Well, one day you'll have nice things...be patient and keep searching! ;)

I have a bit of an electronics crush on the CDX-2020...it's a beautiful unit!

Agreed. I have one here. Sadly, I can't seem to get my ass in gear to finish the recap on the CX-1000 that was in the stack with it. CX was down, which turned out to only be a few bad caps, but I kept it out and ordered all the caps. Life got in the way of getting it done. Then there's the dead MX-2000 that I still haven't gotten fixed... Whose spot is coincidentally currently filled by an M-2.

Agreed. I have one here. Sadly, I can't seem to get my ass in gear to finish the recap on the CX-1000 that was in the stack with it. CX was down, which turned out to only be a few bad caps, but I kept it out and ordered all the caps. Life got in the way of getting it done. Then there's the dead MX-2000 that I still haven't gotten fixed... Whose spot is coincidentally currently filled by an M-2.
Hmm, seems like you've got your work cut out for you! Yes, life gets in the way big time! :(

Currently in the stable:
Yamaha NS 1000 ...2 pairs
Yamaha NS 690 MK I
Yamaha NS 500
Yamaha NS 675
Yamaha NS 625 ...2 pairs

I am really not satisfied with my photography (Canon EOS Rebel) but here goes. (by the way, the P2075C now sits on top of the C2a, not the other way around as shown below)

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Last edited:
When I was a teen in the early 90's I had Yamaha catalogs and for some reason that had nothing to do with sound I preferred them over the other well known brands of the time like Sony, Denon etc. About ten years later I had my own place and it was time for my first Hi-Fi system. I had taken a pair of 70's Pioneer speakers and a Philips turntable from my father and I believe I had about five CD's and 700 records so my discman was OK for my digital needs, all I needed was an amp. I realized I could afford a Yamaha and after seeing their amp line and what the local distributor had in stock I went with the AX-596 that had just been released. It was a big change from my fathers low watt Philips with Din inputs. It was a powerful amp with a clear sound, strong bass and remote control!

I regretted two things: I didn't get the gold color, at the time I didn't like it but now I do and I still never had a gold component in my Hi-Fi system. That amp made me buy modern speakers, CD's and a CD player. I started reading audio magazines and two years later when I visited an audio shop the staff advised me I could do better than Yamaha. Even though I thought the amp was fine I replaced the Yamaha with a Musical Fidelity pre/power amps from another shop and after that the changes were many.

I never had a big budget but at some point I had sold my big active speakers and I needed a system so I went with the Wharfedale Diamond 8.1 bookself speakers. They were inexpensive but for their price they had a good sound. I didn't think the speakers deserved spending time to audition amps so I went with the usual solution...The A-S700 was the new model that I could afford and I bought it. At that point I had more experience and it didn't impress me as the 596 but the amp drove the speakers as it should and I enjoyed music until I sold it after a couple years.

Seeing their recent models with the 70's look I wish I could afford the A-S3000 but I'd be lucky if I could get the 2100. I wouldn't mind getting a CA-1010 or 2010 but their prices have been raised a lot recently. I also want to get the C-2X just to check the phono section, I'm curious cause so far I haven't found a phono section of a pre/intergrated that I preferred over the Trichord Dino I've been using for 15 years.

After the long intro of my short Yamaha history all I have currently is my cassette deck, the KX-580 that I bought in mint condition a few years back. I hope at some point to pair it with a Yamaha amp.

Last edited:
I also want to get the C-2X just to check the phono section, I'm curious cause so far I haven't found a phono section of a pre/intergrated that I preferred over the Trichord Dino I've been using for 15 years.
Welcome to AK Kostas!

Since you already have a very nice phono preamp I'm not sure why you're want to do this.

While the phono stages in Yamaha preamps like the C-1, CX-1, and C-2X are quite good, and compared favorably to many phono preamps, I still prefer using a phono preamp.

Very meh picture of my Yamaha YP-D7 that I purchased from Yahoo Auctions Japan, not knowing that it would be shipped in three separate boxes and would wind up costing me way more than i intended to pay. Either way, I'm happy to have it.

It's my motivation to sell off some of my other gear and restore my NS-1000m speakers and to find an appropriate Yamaha preamp for my M-4 amp.

1azyNPzu7t-FEvwvc1pT2OWVkEMwgfTtixB6lnOMBr8EdQ2to563bJ-blk4tli623P18OWYCef2O43zf4MoZik6jxpeITNwxxjYoM5OvOpgMf3xVctYoWFJdti_qWvLURPZhM3RZFVzraHLwfIE1pVLLFiYXLuqP_rwFpNps_L5C3p5NYFF6WrToQmSeKvhYVcjsr-orUa3xBZI3ZTuv0BYnBUBUZMp_QnJCebWKzJcswhNWEychFiXecWqIJHmF0yqtzeBe9e0QDhmEzHtaK1JVY9bcwRoR51CbcHzgqN2gHp0iTq_NG6tZh9K-zns8-fAVpSQsE67vBDdIdxdbksuUJ2DsDboHD6pHpmQEjkVM49eSmKUlvir4A1v3NyYoYl5Xd2lZ847iEYRLXpI4nk6THfA12XFfbZxzAexjvxqrI8xhzQJhVESCtVBiGgKdT0k_7ClHW0Ly8U-T9ktEzoBb6ubBZRdRIrIaOVuG4otRnBseE1qafA9t0crO2ySzPbD5PL1Anq2IOMU5rF71lrhgcyguewIUGB_NF5BzGGxTEPxc3C322PATUtra0RZAyfzAs-L_22vOU4gS1_R1nae56bfIyd8L-uiLlF6l=w934-h700-no

Welcome to AK Kostas!

Since you already have a very nice phono preamp I'm not sure why you're want to do this.

While the phono stages in Yamaha preamps like the C-1, CX-1, and C-2X are quite good, and compared favorably to many phono preamps, I still prefer using a phono preamp.

Thank you.

I'm curious since I've read the best about the C-2X. What's your phono pre of choice? I bought the Dino used in a good price and it has so many options it drives even low MC's like the Denon DL-304. Most of all I like how it sounds, when I got it I realized how important a phono stage is.

Thank you.

I'm curious since I've read the best about the C-2X. What's your phono pre of choice? I bought the Dino used in a good price and it has so many options it drives even low MC's like the Denon DL-304. Most of all I like how it sounds, when I got it I realized how important a phono stage is.
I'm using a Krell KPE Reference. I discovered how important the phono stage is in 2006 when I bought a used Herron Audio VTPH-1MM.

Back
Top Bottom