Looking for some help to repair Akai GX 365 D

kaplang

Works for me !
Here is my story.
Someone gave me a GX 365 D that was in storage for several years. I got it, took it home and brought it up slowly on my variac and it worked. It would record and play back and seemed to be OK except the auto reverse would only work in one direction. In the process of trying to isolate the problem it stopped recording. Actually I think it's still recording but when in record mode it doesn't erase the previous recording and records over it so on playback I can hear several recordings like sound on sound. The only thing I did was remove and reinsert the 5 or 6 circuit boards and reconnect the cable to the switch board. I was hoping that in the process of what I did knocked a wire loose that caused the recording problem but I have looked very carefully for that and see nothing loose or disconnected.
Can anybody point me in a direction to get it right again. I do want to use it.

Thanks,
George

Open it and completely clean. If Tape player stay without to work, rubber belts can crack and grease hardened.

Open it and completely clean. If Tape player stay without to work, rubber belts can crack and grease hardened.
Thanks for the suggestion but it won't help solve my problem. I did clean it, oiled and greased it and the main drive and counter belts are not cracked. It's an electrical circuit problem. I think.

Back
Top Bottom