RIP Jóhann Jóhannsson

He was one of my very favorite composers, and his contributions to the world of music and film will be greatly missed. I love the movie Arrival, in no small part due to the film score. I am truly saddened by his passing, and have been playing his music exclusively for the past few days.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/johann-...theory-of-everything-composer-1202284591/amp/

Icelandic composer, producer and musician died at age 48. I've got a couple of his solo albums released by 4AD, and recently bought the sole self-titled album by his LHOOQ project. Recently he'd composed several film scores.
He also was a founder of Kitchen Motors, a artist collaborative that put out some great music. And he founded Apparat Organ Quartet -- VERY cool music.
He was the first choice to score Blade Runner 2049, but for some reason Denis Villeneuve decided to go in a different musical direction: more like Vangelis, according to an interview at the time. I wonder if there is any way to hear what Johannsson wrote?

He also was a founder of Kitchen Motors, a artist collaborative that put out some great music. And he founded Apparat Organ Quartet -- VERY cool music.
He was the first choice to score Blade Runner 2049, but for some reason Denis Villeneuve decided to go in a different musical direction: more like Vangelis, according to an interview at the time. I wonder if there is any way to hear what Johannsson wrote?

Curious as well if the abandon score for Aronofsky's film Mother he wrote might see the light of day.

Back
Top Bottom