2017-18 NCAA Basketball

I haven't posted in this thread before, but my East Tennessee State Buccaneers are on a 15 game winning streak, and (knock-on-wood) hopefully will keep the streak going through the Southern Conference tourney. Of the four losses this season, one was at Kentucky, and the last one was at Xavier on Dec. 16th.

Last win was at home against rival Chattanooga. Now there's three away (including SoCon 2nd place UNCG) followed by three at home to win out the conference schedule.

As good as our 21-4 record is, we prob'ly need to win the conference tournament to get into the NCAA tourney.

[edit] Local press: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Bas...-with-ETSU-basketball-coach-Steve-Forbes.html

Last edited:
Blue Raiders are working on a three-pete in Conference USA. ;-}

ETS should be able to take the Southern title and have a strong RPI in their favor as well.

Hard to call - I hear they're 50-50 in the last 100 meets ... <G>

Heehee, beating Duke is a blast!
Watched the game in Chapel Hill and then hit Franklin St.
The blue hair worked for the last two games, so now I'm stuck with it until the season ends.

27657645_10215624421546405_3846681950761715404_n.jpg

I haven't posted in this thread before, but my East Tennessee State Buccaneers are on a 15 game winning streak, and (knock-on-wood) hopefully will keep the streak going through the Southern Conference tourney. Of the four losses this season, one was at Kentucky, and the last one was at Xavier on Dec. 16th.

Last win was at home against rival Chattanooga. Now there's three away (including SoCon 2nd place UNCG) followed by three at home to win out the conference schedule.

As good as our 21-4 record is, we prob'ly need to win the conference tournament to get into the NCAA tourney.

[edit] Local press: http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Bas...-with-ETSU-basketball-coach-Steve-Forbes.html

21-4 is pretty awesome
best of luck in your tourney!

Spartans survived the Boilermakers ... just barely, but ... a win's a win, as they say.

I was hoping you'd rear your Hokie head. Darn VT never gave up.

I'm a fan of VT coach Buzz Williams. He was the coach at Marquette when my daughter went there and moved to VT when my younger son went there. He gets the most out of his players and has a knack of finding talent in junior college transfers. I've even become a UVA fan of late, except when they play the Hokies.:whip:

Late season shuffle in the B10 ...

- Buckeyes go down
- Boilermakers go down

MSU down 27 points? Stick a fork in em!

(Oh, wait - it ain't over till it's over!) :banana:

Rare opportunity for Sparty fans to be rooting for the Wolverines against the Buckeyes tomorrow. OSU stills holds the tie breaker for the B10 title.

The fun continues . . . especially the WVU vs Kansas game. I can't really blame Huggins for being thrown out of the game. 35 foul shots for Kansas vs 2 fro WVU is quite a disparity :rolleyes:

Roger

Well, WVU seems to have gone to the Longhorns "stand around until someone has to throw up something" offense for the last 8-10 minutes. But, there were a number of obvious fouls that were not called on KU.

And the 'Horns managed to find some offense yesterday - makes a sweep of OU this year. They may still have enough in them to make the tournament.

Alan

Yeah, that WVU/KU foul disparity speaks for itself. Not that WVU didn't have a big hand in its own demise.

OU is sinking.

That Sparty comeback almost seemed inevitable.

I'm hoping UVa's rest will get them back into the 70 point range on offense.

As for VT, I was rooting for them against Duke, but they tried they same darn thing with Duke as they did with UVa, but Duke was hitting the 3s and it was all over fast.

...As for VT, I was rooting for them against Duke, but they tried they same darn thing with Duke as they did with UVa, but Duke was hitting the 3s and it was all over fast.
Yeh, my Hokies were butt-ugly against the Dookies, but then they clubbed the snot out of a hapless Georgia Tech team. They'll likely need one more good win in their last 4 games to get into the dance against some tough opponents (Clemson, Louisville, Duke, Miami).

Back
Top Bottom