Doors Soft Parade

Analogue Productions will soon be releasing very high end reissues of all the Doors studio albums. They will be the 2 LP/45 rpm style reissue, which always sounds better than a comparable 33 1/3 IME. I have their Dusty in Memphis and it sounds pretty amazing. At $50 per album, they are pricey though, and in spite of their new pressing plant, I still had to return both Dusty discs, as they were both warped and noisy. The replacements were fine though.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/a/2927/The_Doors

Put me on the list!

Besides a couple of reissues from 1980/83 I also hace 2 Doors albums from DCC Compact Classics Inc. They're on 180 gr. vinyl and they're from 1992. One album is 'The Doors' and the other one is 'Strange Days'. Both were remastered on an all vacuum tube cutting system by Steve Hoffman. They sound fantastic.

Doug G said:
I guess I can't understand why anybody would prefer a mono anything of The Doors.

I dunno Doug.... I have always liked MONO better. I have the first DOORS record and I got a MONO copy of it a few months later and the mono copy sounds 1000% better!! (Its not ripped apart for stereo)

I just got THE SOFT PARADE today.... (1969) - I dont think there is an official MONO copy of this record......

The Soft Parade is a fantastic album. Shaman's Blues is one of my favorite tracks. "...and a girl named Sandy."...the overall playful and wild vibe of the album as a whole is its greatest appeal. I would imagine that hearing the first minute and a half of the title track on the master tape is akin to an out of body experience.

It's arguably their best album although there are so many good things on all of them, it's hard to be definite.

Doug

It's interesting that so many people pan this album or say it's clearly their worst. I think it's a great album too.

Besides a couple of reissues from 1980/83 I also hace 2 Doors albums from DCC Compact Classics Inc. They're on 180 gr. vinyl and they're from 1992. One album is 'The Doors' and the other one is 'Strange Days'. Both were remastered on an all vacuum tube cutting system by Steve Hoffman. They sound fantastic.

yes i have the first album DCC pressing, excellent sound, hope to get strange's day's soon

It's interesting that so many people pan this album or say it's clearly their worst. I think it's a great album too.

Couldn't agree more. Probably my favorite Doors LP... wait... that would make it my favorite LP since the Doors are at the top of my artist list. I have read far too many pans on this LP. Who knows maybe I am just not a good judge of artists and music. It just flows in a way that hits me.

Last edited:

Back when it was released, a lot of fans thought the Doors were selling out to make money and insisted their more "ethereal" numbers were what everybody should like. There was a lot of that snobbery in those days. My friends and I, however, thought that was a lot of absolute BS and loved the album.

Doug

Playing my Little E red label repress from the late 70's right now - my favorite Doors album...

Last edited:
BTW, the Doors 45's from those days are sonically excellent too. At least the equal of the LP's

Doug

Thier most diverse for sure!!

My daughter always gets a little freaked about when Jim yells that “You can’t petition the Lord with prayer!!!”

;)

I wasn’t really into the Doors for the longest time. Didn’t dislike them - just didn’t have much of their stuff beyond the greatest hits.

Picked up a bundle of their records a few months ago and really got into them. Started researching on Steve Hoffman site about best pressings and best digital versions.

Now I have a bunch of different versions - early pressings, DCC gold CDs, etc. Awesome stuff - really unfortunate they weren’t around longer.

My friends and I were REALLY into the Doors in 1968-69. We lost touch through the years but, fairly recently, through a mutual acquaintance, my friend Roy asked me how many times Morrison sings "Come on" at the beginning of "Touch Me" before he actually sings "Now,Touch me babe..."

I answered and asked him a trivia question involving a car accident we were in in June of 1969, shortly after I got my license but our mutual acquaintance had quit being a bartender at my local watering hole and became unavailable so I never got an answer.

Doug

Back
Top Bottom