1987 BUICK GRAND NATIONAL AKA TWINS

zebra03

All Audio - NO BS
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1987-Buick...c7f894b11e&AdChoicePreference=true&rmvSB=true

Here is your chance to own "THE BARN FIND OF A LIFETIME" The 2 1987 Buck Grand Nationals with SEQUNTIAL VIN NUMBERS that were found in a garage in north west Oklahoma. These 2 cars have been together since day 1,down the assembly line,to the dealership and they sat next to each other for the next 30 years

I have no money in this . It is posted just for the news factor and interest .

I drove a Grand National in mechanically perfect and aesthetically challenged condition just a couple weeks ago.

I always wanted one back in the day. I settled and got a V8 NON-SS Monte Carlo and later, a Monte Carlo SS.

Last edited:
Mt first car was a 1977 Monte Carlo ... If it was a pair of 77 Monte's in that storage shed, I would have my checkbook out!

The bidding is really up there . My buddy had a Regal with the 3.8 Turbo but it was not a GN IIRC . It was blue.

If these are GNX's and not the regular Grand Nationals, then yea, I can see why they're going for so much. They only made, what, 550 of the GNX's? 0-60 in 4.7 if I remember right. Not much else could keep up with them outside of Turbo 911.

I saw an article about how he found them.....I thought he said he wasn't going to flip them. I could be wrong.

Test drove one in 88, handled like a pig (apologies Mr Pig). Purchased a 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe insted. Almost as quick off the line, 25mph higher top end, adjustable suspension that put it on a whole different level.

Not much info on it, but the 88 was considerably faster than the 87 with the turbo having full boost in "all" gears.

Mine was black with black leather, manual transmission, very rare, wish I still had it but children and a mini-van got in the way lol.

another car I just couldn't stand to own. I wouldn't want to drive them so there wouldn't be any point in it for me. They are cool cars though. I would own one that could actually be driven.

wow, even non GNXs those are find. the parts list has all been worked out from various OEMs (no new stuff, just NOS) to make it a 12 second machine easy.

I remember back in the day watching this club outta NY/CT at E-town show up with barely more mods than slicks in the trunk and a giant cooler to pack the turbo in ice and take out just about everything

Guy I worked with had one of these. Lord, how he went on about it.

I guess I'm more into the Japanese offerings of this time period. Long live the mighty 1987 Honda CRX Si. That's MY kind of car.

Yeah, I agree....my neighbor`s kid had a Grand National back when they were new, he took me for a ride, it was cool, but it didn`t give me lust for one (and I`m pretty sure my built & juiced Saleen would`ve sucked the headlights out of it :) )

You have unique bragging rights with the CRX Si...you owned a vehicle that was half econo-car and half Ferrari (!). Not many can make that claim....

whats the difference between the 2 cars? i personally didnt know they had 2 versions of same car.

but i really never was a gm lover, except for the 2 gm cars i owned, a 73 monty carlo-bought off my grandmom who bought it brand new.
an the other gm car i had an 85 irocz with a "73"500 caddy engine torque monster. i bought off an old timer (at least to me he was, around 47) back in my early 20's.

Last edited:
This is just my opinion, maybe it stems from some jealousy, who knows? But selling them together as a pair seems to me like they are just out for the "collector" with a fat bank roll who will place them in their little museum just to look at. And there are PLENTY of collectors like this, all spurned on by the Barret-Jacksons, Lenos and Seinfelds of this World. At least if they were being sold separately, maybe one of them might get driven on the occasional Sunday.

Lee.

agreed, these are gonna be queens. cars like this beg to be driven.

if they had the t-tops I would have bought them ;-)

(kidding, like I got a quarter mil lying dormant...)

If I was to buy them they would be driven.I have zero belief in not driving any car ever made its just not in my dna.Doesnt mean id ruin them just means I don't believe in buying a car just to have it sit there.Would include last know example of the rarest car in the world ,I'm going to take it for a spin.

whats the difference between the 2 cars? i personally didnt know they had 2 versions of same car.

but i really never was a gm lover, except for the 2 gm cars i owned, a 73 monty carlo-bought off my grandmom who bought it brand new.
an the other gm car i had an 85 irocz with a "73"500 caddy engine torque monster. i bought off an old timer (at least to me he was, around 47) back in my early 20's.
The X version was a lot faster, only 500 made, and from what I heard they were auctioned off.

Sweet! I used to enjoy racing against those back in the day when I had my Supra. There was one guy I raced several times on 8 mile (Yes, THAT 8 Mile) near Woodward on the way to work.

Always thought those were good looking cars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom