Question about posting pics

Why cant it just be arranged so we can copy and paste ( attach)a .jpg file from our computers.
A very non computer but very audio guy!

Why cant it just be arranged so we can copy and paste ( attach)a .jpg file from our computers.
A very non computer but very audio guy!

The latest forum update allows you to do exactly this. You can now copy and paste images directly from your PC.

This morning I tried posting a couple of pics from my computer and got an "error" message.
Perhaps I've reached an allotted limit or something else???

Whenever I have posted pics they always end up a thumbnail. how do I get them to pop up viewable like others I see? Thanks
Get a good camera, practice taking still photo's, and upload them onto your PC or iMac. Should be pretty straight forward after that.

Only just found this forum, so I don't know when you changed to XenForo software. I believe the software defaults to a file size of around 2Mb for images, but can be adjusted at will by the administrators. The drag and drop feature is one of the easiest file uploads in existence.

One forum that I regularly visit allows 8Mb per image. This image is 877Kb:

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 10.29.09 PM.png

If you attempt to upload an image that is too large for the forum, you will get an error message telling you exactly what the problem is.

I have not read all the comments in this thread but I will say what I do. This is for pics I have taken of records or whatever.
Load them into my computor, I have Windows live photo gallery. Came with the computor.
In Audiokarma click on the "reply " button when I want to post the pic.
Open photo gallery.
Click on the pic you want , hold and drag to the reply box in audiokarma , let go.
Hey presto, there it is, only thumbnail though.
The tab appears with " full size" option, click and you have it.
Like this one:

P8270051.JPG

I prefer the Katherine Jenkins photo over the Beatles, could it be the white background that is adding a contrast?

Ever since you can browse and upload from your devices photo storage, I've been taking more equipment pictures.

image.jpg

I just posted something about this and got some very good advice. I ended up figuring this out. So on my IPAD when I post a thread or Reply to someone it say's "upload a file" so I can choose pictures in my photo library on my iPad.
But, I was wondering if I should send them as a Thumbnail or as a Full Image ?? Which is a better option for the person wanting to Recieve the Photos?

But, I was wondering if I should send them as a Thumbnail or as a Full Image ?? Which is a better option for the person wanting to Recieve the Photos?

If your viewing via PC then the Full image would be better. If you're on a mobile device, such as android, then the thumbs would be better because all the pics will open in a window that allows you to scroll across to view all the pics.
The latest forum update has made the process of uploading photos much more user friendly and the people responsible should be commended.
Glad to see the back of photobucket. What a grub company. Can't wait to see all their uploads flushed out.

Granada.jpg

Just a test with the drag and drop procedure from a personal photo gallery on my PC, then using the full image option, works like a charm

Last edited:
Testing putting more than one picture in the same post

56-des-pires-voitures-de-04.jpg

nice car, isn't it?

vieux char.png

I found that one deep in the woods

I have an iPad, how can I put a video or song from say YouTube onto a thread? I can do pictures and gifs no problem. But does anyone know the procedure for an actual video? As related to an IPAD.

I have an iPad, how can I put a video or song from say YouTube onto a thread? I can do pictures and gifs no problem. But does anyone know the procedure for an actual video? As related to an IPAD.
For YouTube copy the link to the video and paste in a post (click the arrow in upper right corner of the window and select “Copy link”.)

Here’s a video of an excellent performance:

This was done on an iPad.

For YouTube copy the link to the video and paste in a post (click the arrow in upper right corner of the window and select “Copy link”.)

Here’s a video of an excellent performance:

This was done on an iPad.
Thank-You I will try that! :beerchug:

Back
Top Bottom