Identifying Sony Tape Deck

BluePhantom2

I found my parents old Cassette deck in our attic during a move and convinced them to keep it, and thinking i could use it. It looks very well kept, barely used but i have no idea if it works. The output (or input?) is like nothing I've come accost searching for a new stereo system. I took a few pictures to see if maybe someone here could help me identify what Sony system it is compatible with or how much its worth.

Attachments

• Casette 1.jpg
    Casette 1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 38
  • casette 2.jpg
    casette 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 33
  • casette 3.jpg
    casette 3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 34
  • casette 4.jpg
    casette 4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 34
Looks like it goes with another sony component. Double decks are for the most part ,not good. Most are BPC. Sorry.

Last edited:
Part of a rack system, only usable with a system with compatible connectors. Questions of worth should be in Dollars and Sense, but I'd guess it's not worth much. A similar deck with standard connectors would probably be around $25.

I remember a thread about "system control" cables a while back. You probably would need the matching receiver or integrated to use it at least not without some re-engineering.

Sadly, if you want a cassette deck you can probably find another working one with standard RCAs for not much money, so I doubt this has a lot of value. I'm willing to be corrected, but I'd not put a lot of thought into this. Maybe put it up on eBay and see if someone with the matching components is looking for just that deck.

I remember a thread about "system control" cables a while back. You probably would need the matching receiver or integrated to use it at least not without some re-engineering.

Sadly, if you want a cassette deck you can probably find another working one with standard RCAs for not much money, so I doubt this has a lot of value. I'm willing to be corrected, but I'd not put a lot of thought into this. Maybe put it up on eBay and see if someone with the matching components is looking for just that deck.
would there be any thread on this sight that i could post it for and just say whoever needs it can just message me their price that way ill know its going to go to someone who actually needs it for their system? i fear that if i post it to ebay someone will buy it for cheap and not realize its non-standard connectors and end up just smashing the thing and throwing it away.

I think you'd need to post it in BT... might as well, I see you've already got your red banner, so it doesn't cost you anything.

would there be any thread on this sight that i could post it for and just say whoever needs it can just message me their price that way ill know its going to go to someone who actually needs it for their system? i fear that if i post it to ebay someone will buy it for cheap and not realize its non-standard connectors and end up just smashing the thing and throwing it away.

That would be BarterTown, since you're a subscriber. To tell you the honest truth though, it's not worth the cost of shipping (dual well, component tape decks usually aren't worth the effort).

That would be BarterTown, since you're a subscriber. To tell you the honest truth though, it's not worth the cost of shipping (dual well, component tape decks usually aren't worth the effort).
well ill at least throw it up for $25 or something in case somebody is looking to complete the specific Sony system this guy works with. Maybe itll make someones day to find the one thing theyve been looking for.

well ill at least throw it up for $25 or something in case somebody is looking to complete the specific Sony system this guy works with. Maybe itll make someones day to find the one thing theyve been looking for.

Proper packing and shipping will bring that cost to $50+, I hope it does find a good home!

Back
Top Bottom