Epic Pioneer Stack in Atlanta

Impressive looking but does one really need all this?I don't know.Maybe I have just moved in a different audio direction where this impressive looking stack does not much for me anymore. 6k...I'd be looking at something way different from this.

In my college years this would have made other guys envious, now it doesn't excite me. I could do much better sound wise for $6,000. But for a Pioneer collector with deep pockets..

Impressive looking but does one really need all this?I don't know.Maybe I have just moved in a different audio direction where this impressive looking stack does not much for me anymore. 6k...I'd be looking at something way different from this.
In my college years this would have made other guys envious, now it doesn't excite me. I could do much better sound wise for $6,000. But for a Pioneer collector with deep pockets..

You guys have lost the Pioneer lust that permeates AK. Not everyone has that lust and we who don't know what those that do have to suffer through. The inflated prices for the matching gear with that name. I'm with you there is much better out there for 6k and one can pick and chose.

This rig has reverb, eq, dynamic range, cassette, tuner, reel to reel and such that many may not have a desire to own except it is Pioneer and well it's there and part of the kit. No real reason to bring that into the house if you aren't going to use it. So many other options. But this stack would make many very, very happy.

Some of the pieces look kinda beat up too. Like it was assembled from scrounged components.

You guys have lost the Pioneer lust that permeates AK. Not everyone has that lust and we who don't know what those that do have to suffer through. The inflated prices for the matching gear with that name. I'm with you there is much better out there for 6k and one can pick and chose.

This rig has reverb, eq, dynamic range, cassette, tuner, reel to reel and such that many may not have a desire to own except it is Pioneer and well it's there and part of the kit. No real reason to bring that into the house if you aren't going to use it. So many other options. But this stack would make many very, very happy.
Ten years ago I would have been in heaven with this.I've just grown out of the 70s audio for the most part.I know a Pioneer guy would be gaga over this.Sometimes one as he moves on forgets the yearnings of the early days here.

Back
Top Bottom