Another alert from LifeLock: LinkedIn has been hacked

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just got an alert from lifelock LinkedIn has been hacked. My sign in stuff was detected on the dark web. This is another site I have not been to in years. Check to see if you might have been there. Changed my password to 64 character monster generated by LastPass. LastPass is worth getting just for generating “Data” grade passwords.

I tell all of my customers to use between 17 and 19 character of upper/lower case with at least 2 numbers and special character and to use a different password for every situation.

I provide a password vault also.

My saying is "if you can remember your password it is not secure and it is time to change it"

I tell all of my customers to use between 17 and 19 character of upper/lower case with at least 2 numbers and special character and to use a different password for every situation.

I provide a password vault also.

My saying is "if you can remember your password it is not secure and it is time to change it"

Exactly right, I use a 13 character password generated by LastPass for everyday sites. Stored in LastPass and in my secure Keychain on my iPhone. They are even hard to type in Manually. And were ever possible I use a 2 Factor sign in.

re: Linked In "hack": does the compromise of that site really matter to anyone? Don't get me wroing, I am a member @ LI, but @ the end of the day "things" @ LI are really amount to little more than a lotta fluff and chest puffing. Just my dva kopecks.

Back
Top Bottom