Pics of your listening space

Just for fun, some AudioQuest cables. Just got the green IC's in today. All I can say is, I'm going to be replacing all of my Wireworld cables with more of these.

p2739693462-5.jpg

p2739693465-5.jpg

p2744197696-5.jpg

I was going to ask you how you liked them. You got a great deal on a couple of wonderful amps. I feel they do everything very well. I have a hard time figuring out which I prefer,the First Watt F5,or these amps. I guess there are worse problems to have!
This is what I'm comparing them to right now and they're doing remarkably well considering they're less than 1/10 the power. I could happily live with them long term for 90% of my listening. 20180211_172750.jpg

I loved my little SM-70 Pro that I used to have. That was one stout little amplifier that could! And it did! It had no problems at all powering my NHT 2.9's or the GR-Research X-Statik's. So warm, smooth and solid sounding... All 25 watts of it! I miss that amp a lot actually.

Old pic from 5 years ago when we moved into our current apartment.
p1465376138-5.jpg

Update -
I think I'm there or at least a lot closer to having the mini running Audirvana functionally and aesthetically integrated into the living room system.

The cabinet with most of the equipment out of sight. Only the non-remote controlled devices are exposed. Everything inside works behind remotely via IR repeater or wifi. The Sys switches sources, vinyl or Bifrost for the Lyr HP amp.
View attachment 1113992

Yamaha AVR & BDP, cable DVR and a spare Sony TA N55 ES amp inside. The tube phono stage will be added when it's back from the hospital. There's an Emotiva XPS-1 stashed behind the left drawer which feeds the AVR and the Sys keeping the vinyl signal path to the headphone amps all analog.
View attachment 1113995

Headphone and record paraphernalia drawer. Probably could use some dividers.
View attachment 1113997

This was originally a drawer for a Dual CS-5000 which has since been bumped to TT #3 and is doing bedroom duty. Here we have the mini, its ps, a mini-display port/optical audio to HDMI adapter to an AVR input, Stax Earspeaker 230V adapter and a Musical Fidelity V90 AMP to feed the Stax. There's a Roku 4 stashed under this drawer. The V90s internal USB DAC is fed from one of the mini's dedicated USB ports. The other feeds the Bifrost DAC. Vinyl input for the V90 (Stax) is analog from the output of the Lyr which adds some tubiness.
View attachment 1113998

And behind it all is a crap ton of cabling.
View attachment 1114016

The AVR doesn't have preouts for the 5 channels so I'll probably upgrade it to one with pre-outs so I can run some better amplification for the mains. I have 2 lines of component video cable run thru the walls, attic, and mantle so I can put those amps up front with the sub, someday :)

Adirvana as now seen from my listening chair. Tomorrow I’ll update the Harmony One remote program so my wife can listen to the mini as well.
View attachment 1114025

I have seen other pictures of your listening space and always thought that of it as very tastefully done. The new pictures do not disappoint either.

What is the Denon turntable model?

Best

Soundork

Thank you. I really enjoy both the visual and audible aspects of a listening session so I do try to achieve a nice looking and sounding setup. I blame it on WAF though that's not all of it ;)

That's a modified JVC QL7. Right up there with a midrange Denon for a lesser cost. The mods take it to a higher level of performance than it was stock :)

Last edited:
This is my gear it changed a bit in the past couple from mostly headphone setups .Now half is speaker amps Top shelf on left side i a Chinese made speaker/headphone amp with 4wpc using speakers tube complement is two FU32/832A tubes and a 6N2 can also tube roll 6SN7, 5670 types with adapters nice reliable amp . Next my Fluxion AV-7 a 12wpc S.E.T. speaker amp made in Ontario,Canada . This amp uses a pair of 6C33C tubes a 12AT7 and one 6CG7 tube i use this one with a pair of Klipsch KG5.5 nice amp sounds good . Can also tube roll the 12AT7 and the 6CG7 with this one no adapters needed. To the right is my 100wpc restored Quad 405 amplifier it now has a dual power supply with the Quad 33 preamp and FM tuner .Had one like this in the late 70's just had to get another one .Fortunately for me i have this Quad expert near me that restored the system for me great job.(PLANABOX) . Next to the Quad is my Woo Audio 22 Headphone Amp very nice sounding amp with my Grado's RS2E and Sennheiser HD800S .I guess by now you figured out that i love tube amps lol. On the second shelf on the right my good old Pioneer SX750 still rockin .Got this one maybe five years ago was really surprised on how good it sounded . On the left side bottom shelf ive got on the left a Wyred4sound Dac2 DSD and next to it The Burson Conductor Headphone/Dac/preamp nice neutral sounding all in one .Speakers in the picture is a pair of Kef's104 and a pair of KG 5.5 very nice with the S.E.T. amp Sorry about the paragraphs i had some when i wrote the post ?????????? P1130238.JPG 1535819-klipsch-kg-55-floor-standing-speakers.jpg

Last edited:
Cube-tube or others...how does one deal with those horrible spring-clip type connectors on the back of a receiver? Does AQ make cables with "stripped/tinned"ends...??

Cube-tube or others...how does one deal with those horrible spring-clip type connectors on the back of a receiver? Does AQ make cables with "stripped/tinned"ends...??

I wouldn't know. Any receiver I ever bought had fairly decent binding posts on it for all channels. But these days, I don't use receivers. In fact, I don't use multi-channel either.

My second system in our weekend log cabin....I know terrible speaker placement, but am limited on space, walls with outlets etc. Mainly there for good party tunes in the background. However I am very fond of my Denon pieces. Good gear with solid build. Was part of my main system for some time.

AA9EFE32-6DA5-4AF6-8BE4-22F918F61E58.jpeg C32CDAA0-717B-4C97-ABD4-A44D16685459.jpeg E5E9000F-7F11-4672-8854-025227A04862.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom