Sherwood rd-7505 rear speaker audio issues

BugDaddyOKC

For some reasons no matter what i do, the rear audio coming out of the back speakers is extremely low, I have turned up all the settings I can find. Maybe someone can help me to see if there is a setting I'm missing or something

Thanks in advance

You'll probably need to provide more info.

But, for starters, it appears to be a 7.1 receiver. If you happen to be using only 5.1 speaker setup be sure you have the rear speakers connected to the side/surround connections on the receiver, not the rear/back speaker connections.

Is the problem with movies or music?

What happens when you play the test signal to each channel?

But, for starters, it appears to be a 7.1 receiver. If you happen to be using only 5.1 speaker setup be sure you have the rear speakers connected to the side/surround connections on the receiver, not the rear/back speaker connections.

Sorry, it took so long to reply I didn't see this and had to search to.find this forum again..

Yes I have them in the surround and not the rear ports. No matter what setting I put the system to, the "rear" speakers are never as near as loud as they are if i put them in the front or even center speaker slot.
It's with music and movies.

Sorry didn't see the last part when you asked about the channel test signal, it sends a very loud test signal to ALL speakers, I rven tried turning down the signal lvl to see if it matter and absolutely not.. it sends a very loud and clear test tone signal

Well I was trying Dolby digital music, but switch it to stereo cause it sounds better

You can't reproduce Dolby Digital music from any source that is two channel. If you insist of some type of surround from two channel recordings try Dolby Pro Logic.

99% of all recorded music is recorded, mixed and mastered for two channel playback.

Last edited:
You can't reproduce Dolby Digital music from any source that is two channel. If you insist of some type of surround from two channel recordings try Dolby Pro Logic.

99% of all recorded music is recorded, mixed and mastered for two channel playback.

Like I stated I tried all settings I can find.. I was just doing that cause when I had it to auto and listened to spotify that's what it went to

Now my speakers arnt powered speakers so I wonder if the side "surround" and rear don't put as much output as the front and center?

The front and center sound very nice.

Don't know the ohm off the top of my head but it's the correct ohms as well

Music that was recorded and mastered for two channel playback will usually produce little to no output from any surround system. This is especially evident when using Dolby Digital or DTS playback. Try using Dolby ProLogic.

Music that was recorded and mastered for two channel playback will usually produce little to no output from any surround system. This is especially evident when using Dolby Digital or DTS playback. Try using Dolby ProLogic.

Again, I have, I just don't get why they don't sound as good as when put on the front output

Again, this isn't just on music, it's on play back from 4k movies on Netflix and movies on a 4k blu Ray player and from cable TV and watching movies on cable box

Make sure the settings on your various devices are set for Dolby Digital or the highest resolution available for that source. I say this because both Roku devices I use defaulted to 2 channel stereo. I had to manually set audio out to Dolby Digital 5.1. If 4K video is your problem I can't help as I have no experience with 4K signals.

Make sure the settings on your various devices are set for Dolby Digital or the highest resolution available for that source. I say this because both Roku devices I use defaulted to 2 channel stereo. I had to manually set audio out to Dolby Digital 5.1. If 4K video is your problem I can't help as I have no experience with 4K signals.

Sorry I didnt see your comment till. Now.. i have my samsung 4k blu ray set to Dolby digital, also I have my cable box set to Dolby.

Now I wonder if this could be the issue.. I am running hdmi for my cable/4k blu ray/ps4, then I have a digital cable running from my TV to the receiver. The only reason I'm doing this is because unfortunately the receiver isnt 4k so I cant run the blu ray to it or I wouldn't bea le.to watch 4k. So I wonder if this could be an issue?

The digital audio output (coax or optical) of many TV's is two channel PCM when using any source other than the internal ATSC tuner. Check the manual for your TV.

When you use any external source (HDMI, composite, RGB), with many TV's the audio signal on the coax/toslink connecter is 2 channel PCM.. Those TV's will pass a DD/DTS 5.1 signal only when using the RF antenna input. I have two TV's that exhibit this behavior. Others have reported the same for their TV's. It depends on the TV. Check the manual to find out.

Back
Top Bottom