Any model train enthusiasts?

Came out great.That is a European steam loco perhaps Hornby or Basset Lowke..
Yes, furthest away is a Hornby “The Duke of Gloucester” and in front is the Bachmann. A Gresley V2 #60834. It’s nicely weathered. The Duke is a new one and starts off smoothly at slow speeds.

Great thread! I collect and run Marklin. I'm (very slowly) building a layout. Here are a few locos that I bought over the last year or so...

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_2087.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

Sorry folks. I forgot all about this thread since I joined a model railway forum. I’ve also been watching you tube videos of all things that go choo choo :D. My new year’s resolution for this year is to get the train room cleared of all the junk we’ve acumulated but it’ll be a slowish process.
We’ve also been getting our kitchen fitted and more stuff joined the other junk.
View attachment 1078658
The floor, which is still the old floor, was going to be difficult to have lifted so we left it and it needs cleaned and waxed but the difference of the kithchen is like night and day. My favourite part is the dishwasher, or “precious” as I’ve been calling it ha ha.

What you REALLY should do is lay down a train set and place some plexiglass on top of it! Here it is... just waiting for that train!

glass-flooring-possibilities-ccd-engineering-ltd-glass-flooring.jpg

About 10 months ago, I wrote: "...The layout I have (still up for grabs, for no money if I don't have to touch it) was something my dad bought at a church rummage sale because his make-your-own plans never materialized... So it's time to let someone else take it and run, and get a good head start."

It's still available... Central Ohio.

Chip

Bump

Who has a layout that has a HiFi store in the main street?

Maybe a superdetailed shop with vintage miniature speakers and stock on the shelves or in the windows. A few lit up signs, and, everything at 1970s prices!

No Hi-Fi store but It had a radio stastion (WEAK-AM) with slow blink light on the tower. WEAK was a fictional radio station from the Statler Brothers tune "Saturday Morning radio Show" with The old Roadhog and his Cadillac Cowboys. Really funny.

Dudes I am kinda bummed,got out my Bowser 4-6-0 and discovered the cylinder block has Zinc pest! I smeard some epoxy on the cylinders to stabilize them while I track down a new cylinder block.The Bowser website does not list the part as available nor does the bay,they do have blocks for the E-6 Atlantic and the K-4 Pacific so I hope one of those will work..

I started with Treble-O-Lectric in 1962 (9 mm track) and graduated to N scale in 1967 and have been a model railroader ever since. I view my life interests in HiFi and model railroading equally.

Doug

I am really wanting to trade in all my N Gauge for Z scale. I find the smaller they get the more fascinating they are. I can only imagine what an epic layout can be made in Z-Scale on a typical 4x8 platform. But I imagine the cost will be epic as well! Those little trains are expensive! But to me the smaller they get, the more they are like watches with complications.

IMG_0957.JPG

3285233196_f89ce95317_o.jpg

I should also mention T-guage, which are so small you could set one up as part of your HO diorama.

ot0u3_ZQVWeaJx3hOr1i4uazUipY0UK7Gaq1oGnFX6U.jpg

Last edited:
I finally sold off all my HO stuff, I think we have one set left somewhere besides the big G scale LGB that still is waiting to be put outside in the garden, been only 15 years putting it off LMAO!!!

Back
Top Bottom