Cars and other things with wheels.

This one still has all the original paint and chrome.

P7260075.JPG

P7260076.JPG

Go out in style, in a nicely appointed Roadmaster!

P7260074.JPG

Plenty of Rivieras, but I only got a photo of one of them! :(

P7260046.JPG

A couple more random shots...

P7260042.JPG

P7260071.JPG

P7260050.JPG

P7260054.JPG

Parting shot:

P7260078_edited.JPG

It’s real purdy. Some shows he won best woody best wagon and best paint. After the Buick he and his wife did a Merc Woody for her. I had the same guy paint my elco. He went for candy black. Clear coat over color sanded single stage black. It looked an inch deep, like old school 20 coats of rubbed lacquer.

It’s real purdy. Some shows he won best woody best wagon and best paint. After the Buick he and his wife did a Merc Woody for her. I had the same guy paint my elco. He went for candy black. Clear coat over color sanded single stage black. It looked an inch deep, like old school 20 coats of rubbed lacquer.
Back in the day, I used to like that really deep Candy Apple Red that was so popular--that green on the Roadmaster I am betting looks just as deep in person.

Back when I made a few model cars, there was a way to do a similarly deep finish. I could spray on a matte gold base coat, then spray a translucent red-tinted coat on top of that. It beat the single-stage paint I used on other models, but it also could gather more dust, so it was a little more finicky to work with.

imgsrc.ru_54065184wTe.jpg

Back
Top Bottom