Pink Floyd. Yes, I know... again. Still, It is Pink Floyd.

A couple of weekends ago up in the mountains while playing poker, drinking beer and camping the oldest guy in the group (he's 55) requested some Pink Floyd. I put on More and about 20 minutes later he asked when I was going to play some Floyd. I then put on Saucerful and got blank stares from all of them. Finally I tried Obscured by Clouds and when they complained again I explained that I didn't have Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals or The Wall on my music player. They were bummed. I ended up playing Moon8 by Brad Smith and happiness ensued.

I guess 8 bit Floyd you know is better than smoking great Floyd you don't know.

Those situations are when I pull out my favorite version of DSOTM.

It frequently takes folks a bit to realize they have been dupped.

Those situations are when I pull out my favorite version of DSOTM.

It frequently takes folks a bit to realize they have been dupped.

A response to Olson Jr's quoting of a thread post by one Scuzzer:

I have fond memories of AK member Scuzzer: his witty, often insightful posts. Seems as if I haven't seen a post @ AK by Scuzzer in ages.

Perhaps this 'ol thread was resurrected with a purpose? G-d only knows. But, wherever you are, Scuzzer, know that we miss ya laddie.

Pink Floyd
Madison Square Garden
New York City, NY
2 July 1977

Yep, listening to this @ the second time in as many days. Perfect audience recording.

Dub side is cool, but I kinda like the trance remixes of Wish You Were Here ...

And - is the Live at Pompei new release really Floyd?? or Gilmour??

If you have not seen the youtube videos of Pink Floyd in 2016, live at Pompeii, you're in for an amazing treat.
It's Pulse on steroids, outdoors and with LED lighting. Simply unbelieveable:

Last edited:
pEFpmZd.png

I have noticed certain bands have works that are somewhat ignored or are simply unknown to fans who otherwise like them. Floyd is a glaring example as most know them from Dark Side onwards.

Another would be U2. Rare is the fan who is familiar with Boy or October. It is as if they began with War.

One of these days, I have to get off my ass and listen to Fleetwood Mac's pre 1975 output.
Was there anything after War? Boy and October are the quintessential U2 albums for me. War is good, the rest are pop nightmares.

Of course, I'm just the opposite with Genesis. Abacab is where it started for me, the other older stuff is all Fuddy Duddy and must be listened to while drinking tea and crumpets.

Funny how different search engines work. I could not find this last night. You point me to the eBay links and today I have no problems finding it all over, and not for $300 smackers either.

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?currency=USD&master_id=208274&ev=mb

Then again, there is always California Guitar Trio doing a smashingly good version of Echos -

Really love these guys - seen them a half dozen times in concert ...

If you have not seen the youtube videos of Pink Floyd in 2016, live at Pompeii, you're in for an amazing treat. It's Pulse on steroids, outdoors and with LED lighting. Simply unbelieveable:

Weird, I gave this a listen and at the same time I started the video, the radio played the album version of the same song.

Video is better... :)

Weird, I gave this a listen and at the same time I started the video, the radio played the album version of the same song.

Video is better... :)
I've noticed that with several songs. After watching the Pulse version of Comfortably numb as well as Run, the album version sounds downright subdued.

I'm a big Tom Petty fan, but the other day I decided to dig into my stash and pulled out Let Me Up I've Had Enough. Dang, what a great LP....one I had ignored but it seemed to rival a lot of his more well played stuff!

David Gilmour
Live In Gdansk
(Columbia, 2008)

*I could listen to this recording @ least once/week for years and still dig it.
**Yes, technically Glimour w/out Mason, Waters, & Wright, but it's close enuff poir moi.

Back
Top Bottom