Today's Blues Playlist

Aloha!

I've been enjoying Apple Music's streaming of the Nagel Heyer Records new releases (out of Germany) for Jazz on the Jazz Playlist. They also have some nice new Blues releases;

Big Joe Turner - Where or When (on Nagel Heyer Records - Germany) new release

61VZayLQP2L._SS500.jpg

Like most things German, I think these are decent releases. Certainly not "Deutsche Grammophon", but very decent indeed.

Canned Heat
Original Canned Heat
-Musidisc- (France)

IMG_4810_zpsj6w3qmxl.jpg

"Canned Heat" was coincidentally my first blues album by chance. Got it in 8 track as a Christmas gift from a relative. Probably because he found it in a bargain bin for a few bucks.

"Canned Heat - Live at Wolf Trap". Still have it (SOMEWHERE). Don't have an 8 track player to listen any longer, so finding it is academic.

"Canned Heat" was coincidentally my first blues album by chance. Got it in 8 track as a Christmas gift from a relative. Probably because he found it in a bargain bin for a few bucks.

"Canned Heat - Live at Wolf Trap". Still have it (SOMEWHERE). Don't have an 8 track player to listen any longer, so finding it is academic.

Love to see that 8 Track cover! I am right around the corner from The Trap.

EDIT: I miss those guys,...

canned-heat.jpg

Love to see that 8 Track cover! I am right around the corner from The Trap.

EDIT: I miss those guys,...

canned-heat.jpg

Nice. Well, that's a tall order. That darn 8 Track could be in my storage facility in Hawaii, or in Florida in the house, garage, basement, who knows. Haven't seen it for 10 years or so, but if I get the time, I'll dig it out for you. I played it about 100 times when I got it because it was one of my first 8 Track albums.

I can't even find that album in a Google Search, but I assure you, I did (and hopefully still do since I never throw that kind of stuff out) have it! :)

...Haven't seen it for 10 years or so, but if I get the time, I'll dig it out for you...
I can't even find that album in a Google Search,...

That would be awesome,... and a treat indeed.

Kudos if you can dig it out as I think that piece would be kinda rare,... lucky guy!

Back
Top Bottom