How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Denon PRA-1500, Denon POA-2800 through Klipsch KLF 30's.
Brian, I also used to have a AVR-3300 until 2 years ago when it had problems that they were know to have. It was a really great AVR though. I got a Denon AVR X3200W to replace it and it was a learning experience after having the 3300 for around 17 years. I drive Klipsch Quartets, KLF C7, KG .5 and SW-15 with the X3200W.

View attachment 1113162

Mike
View attachment 1113341

Denon AVR 3300 A/V receiver 105 watts per channel .05 THD 525 total watts
DTS , DDSC, Dolby Digital , 7.1 Sharc Processer Bad Ass Amp , Denon DCM 360 CD changer , Technics SL-D303 Turntable with Audio Technica VM 740 ML ( micro line stylus ) cartridge , Denon DR M10HR Cassette deck with HX Pro , Klipsch Synergy Series SC-1 center channel Loudspeaker , Klipsch KSW-12 Subwoofer : TV LG OLED 65C7P ( colors are amazing and the blacks are crazy clear ) LG UP970 Ultra HD Player!!

Denon PRA-1500, Denon POA-2800 through Klipsch KLF 30's.
Brian, I also used to have a AVR-3300 until 2 years ago when it had problems that they were know to have. It was a really great AVR though. I got a Denon AVR X3200W to replace it and it was a learning experience after having the 3300 for around 17 years. I drive Klipsch Quartets, KLF C7, KG .5 and SW-15 with the X3200W.

View attachment 1113162

Mike
Mike , look and see if you can find the pic I posted of my gear set up. I wrote a description of what I have but it didn't attach to the photo that I sent. I'm not very good at this uploading pics n stuff , sorry about that

View attachment 1113410
Running my Klipsch with a set of EL34's
WOW , what a system you've got. I see you have a pair of KG4's ( Do you love them ? )
A pair of what looks like Heresy's I's or II's and you'll have to tell me what the tower speakers are , because they don't look like any Klipsch that I'm aware of due to the built in stands being higher than what I'm used to seeing from Klipsch. Nice equipment too. Reel to reel , I have one too , a Sony from 1967 hooked up to a Sony recording amplifier and the main power source is a Harmon Kardon receiver. A Garrard Turntable Model 50 series and a pair of Jensen Delta series speakers. The equipment is in a solid Black Walnut cabinet and the speakers are each in their own Black Walnut cabinets via 1967. My father had this system all put together in Anaheim , California , bought the gear and then had a wood craftsman hand make the cabinet and speaker boxes. I'll take a picture and post it soon , OK? Thanks for sharing your awesome set up , it's quite impressive.

WOW , what a system you've got. I see you have a pair of KG4's ( Do you love them ? )
Yes there not going anywhere:thumbsup:

A pair of what looks like Heresy's I's or II's and you'll have to tell me what the tower speakers are , because they don't look like any Klipsch that I'm aware of due to the built in stands being higher than what I'm used to seeing from Klipsch.
The Heresy's are the III's 20170820_202430.jpg
The tall ones are Polk SDA2A'sIMG_0708.JPG Im not using them in the room anymore, they are regulated to the family room.

Nice equipment too. Reel to reel ,
I have one too , a Sony from 1967 hooked up to a Sony recording amplifier and the main power source is a Harmon Kardon receiver. A Garrard Turntable Model 50 series and a pair of Jensen Delta series speakers. The equipment is in a solid Black Walnut cabinet and the speakers are each in their own Black Walnut cabinets via 1967. My father had this system all put together in Anaheim , California , bought the gear and then had a wood craftsman hand make the cabinet and speaker boxes. I'll take a picture and post it soon , OK? Thanks for sharing your awesome set up , it's quite impressive.
My amps that are running my Klipsch20171125_171218.jpg 20171125_171241.jpg
Click on the photos you'll get bigger pics
I'll wait for the pics to come :lurk:

Not my image, but exactly what I have including the case. :thumbsup:

GtPCtKG.jpg

Some sweet looking retro receivers, thx everyone! I particularly love the tone and mode controls.

By contrast, It’s hard getting excited excited about much of today’s more minimalist gear.

At different times over the decades the Fortes my son now has have been powered by (in order) an Adcom GFA-535 (when my buddy first bought them (speakers and amp), a Pioneer M90 Reference (my amp, his speakers), and a B&K ST-202 (my amp both when he still owned the speakers and after he gave them to my son). They are currently fed by another GFA-535. I have toyed with the idea of bi-amping them since I have the pair of GFAs.

The KG 5.5s I have have been powered by the same sans the Pioneer (long gone). Same idea of bi-amping.

Last edited:
Some sweet looking retro receivers, thx everyone! I particularly love the tone and mode controls.

By contrast, It’s hard getting excited excited about much of today’s more minimalist gear.
There are some fine vintage receivers being shown for sure but I fail to see anything that's "retro." :confused:

Back
Top Bottom