Anyone else ready for Spring....and why?

3kitty

It's been a really cold winter in these parts ....so for you in cold weather climbs why are you looking forward to spring?

......maybe it's the sports car in the garage.....the new riding lawn mower.....getting your hands dirty again working the soil in the garden .....or anything else you love doing?

Pics are good!!!

Here is why I'm waiting eagerly .....

For me it's gardening.

Greenhouse-dusk.jpg

Nice cow, eh.

No riding for me this year - major motorcycle accident last June which pretty much killed the gardens (and me, incidentally - but I got better). I had just planted the outside beds last year when it all hit the fan and by the time I got home in September, they'd all turned to dust.

PS - just had the last of the major surgeries three weeks back to replace a shoulder (total reverse). They wanted to wait till spring, but I told them ... "know how you're always going on about goals and targets? One of my goals is doing some gardening come spring, and one of my targets is gonna be you if you don't git er done and make that happen."

They got the hint ... ;-}

For me it's gardening.

Greenhouse-dusk.jpg

Nice cow, eh.

No riding for me this year - major motorcycle accident last June which pretty much killed the gardens (and me, incidentally - but I got better). I had just planted the outside beds last year when it all hit the fan and by the time I got home in September, they'd all turned to dust.

PS - just had the last of the major surgeries three weeks back to replace a shoulder (total reverse). They wanted to wait till spring, but I told them ... "know how you're always going on about goals and targets? One of my goals is doing some gardening come spring, and one of my targets is gonna be you if you don't git er done and make that happen."

They got the hint ... ;-}

Thx!

Man sorry about your accident!!! ...glad you got that surgery in and here's hoping you recover well and get in some good gardening this year!!!

Take care!!!

It’s what spring use to mean to me...

Cleaning out the garage, hooking up a receiver with speakers in the rafters and cleaning up the tools. Then looking for project cars to buy, fix and sell. After doing the planting of flowers around the house and maintaining the yard, building cars, going to auto wrecking yards and car shows is a good way to just stay out of the house. Having Bar-B-Q’s in the backyard after making a few picnic tables from scrap wood to entertain those I had known all my life.

This winter feels like it has been more arduous and persistent than previous years, and the gray skies are really starting to affect people in a negative way - at least in this part of the country.

I'm ready for spring because I can finally get my '09 Mustang GT out of the garage and back onto the road (at least after the salt is rinsed away and they've fixed most of the potholes). I really miss driving this car, and the glass roof makes sunny spring weather all the more enjoyable.

eriemoose1.jpg

eriemoose2.jpg

This winter feels like it has been more arduous and persistent than previous years, and the gray skies are really starting to affect people in a negative way - at least in this part of the country.

I'm ready for spring because I can finally get my '09 Mustang GT out of the garage and back onto the road (at least after the salt is rinsed away and they've fixed most of the potholes). I really miss driving this car, and the glass roof makes sunny spring weather all the more enjoyable.

View attachment 1114049

View attachment 1114050

Nice wheels!!!

I enjoy getting out and walking. It's nothing for me to walk 8 or 10 miles a day (I have dropped down from around 245 to around 205 in the last 3 years, and from a size 42 jean to a 36) if it's nice. I walked today, though a little chilly, for about 5 miles. I want to have a garden; I've started one the last couple of years and gotten sidetracked. Oh, did I mention St. Louis Cardinals baseball?

Fishing! I even bait the hook, on occasion. ;) Just getting away from the rat race and enjoying the Colorado Rockies is usually enough.

I enjoy getting out and walking. It's nothing for me to walk 8 or 10 miles a day (I have dropped down from around 245 to around 205 in the last 3 years, and from a size 42 jean to a 36) if it's nice. I walked today, though a little chilly, for about 5 miles. I want to have a garden; I've started one the last couple of years and gotten sidetracked. Oh, did I mention St. Louis Cardinals baseball?

Congrats on the weight loss....just being active certainly helps doesn't it?

It’s what spring use to mean to me...

Cleaning out the garage, hooking up a receiver with speakers in the rafters and cleaning up the tools. Then looking for project cars to buy, fix and sell. After doing the planting of flowers around the house and maintaining the yard, building cars, going to auto wrecking yards and car shows is a good way to just stay out of the house. Having Bar-B-Q’s in the backyard after making a few picnic tables from scrap wood to entertain those I had known all my life.
Everything OK ?

April is flea market season. I have plenty of new stock from my winter hunting expeditions. Also BBQ and yard sale season.
There's nothing like spending the day selling records, talking with old friends and coming home and firing up the grill.

I'm a grassaholic. Most of my yearly income is from zipping around on my Hustler zero-turn. Mowing season can't get here quick enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom