What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

It sure did in this case. Man oh man, this kid had a bone to pick with my receiver. The one thing I forgot to tell him before the moderator got involved was that my receiver carried an MSRP of more than $550.00 when it was introduced. He kept harping on the fact that I'd said I paid $133.00 for it and it was a piece of garbage. He could tell by the pictures of the internals that it was junk and I needed to be educated on what proper stereo equipment was so that I wouldn't waste my money on anymore junk.
Excuse me for being a frugal shopper. LOL.

Oh well, my post here had the desired effect and the madness has stopped. :thumbsup:
I am sorry that it had to reach the point for our moderator to get involved, but this guy was relentless and couldn't be reasoned with. I actually came into the "discussion" after two others had tried to talk audio sense into the guy.

dang - missed all the fun. in fact, i think i've missed every "mod intervention" mentioned since coming to the thread. nice clean receiver, tho
(luck a bit like how i got through 26 years w/o a combat deployment (although i made up for it in the end)).

Last edited:
On vinyl:

CDB....Windows on the Epic label. A little under the radar imo. Good music and great sounding album...mastered by Wally.

CCR...Green River on the Fantasy label. One of my favorites. Outstanding songs....great sonics. The vinyl is a bit hissy though...ugh.

Jethro Tull....Stand Up....Steven Wilson cut. I just love the way this sounds. I forgot it came with a nice booklet about Tull at that time. Interesting stuff about early Tull. They mention playing at The Stone Balloon in New Haven. It was a no alcohol gathering place in the basement of a grocery store....humble beginnings...lol.

\you got it. may be in alley somewhere, but will sound good lol:rolleyes:

Jim, For that price I was seriously thinking about having him drive them up here. So if I gave the guy 3g for them and drive them four hours.
I bet they would be worth every cent. But I just got into a deal with two McIntosh CD players so I better cool it before I go broke. But worth think about I tell ya.

Mark Knopfler - Tracker
220px-Tracker_Cover.jpg

Yes I’m Going to listen to this.....
View attachment 1114094
I remember way back when, my buddy got 4 front row tickets to one of his shows. He said you in? I said absolutely NOT. The next day he said they were being crushed by thousands of chicks, he said it was a great night. Oh well, you win some you lose some.

Back
Top Bottom