Let's See Your Great JVC Gear!

See if you can find a C491 or C492. That is the designation on several other models. It is listed as 47,000µF 5.5V (.047 Farad 5.5V).
It may or may not look like this...

View attachment 1114101

Okay that is incredibly helpful. The 1010V manual lists a value of .047uF/5.5V value for part C492. As a stroke of luck, i just ordered TWO .047uF/10V caps today (I have recently started ordering twice what I need so I have caps on hand) to fix the same issue in a Yamaha R8 receiver. Thanks so much for your help, it is very much appreciated!

***exit: I apparently purchased the wrong rating, but at least I know what to order now and where to locate the part on the circuit board. Thanks again!

Last edited:
here are a few more "laboratory" equipment from 1975- under test.
These MUST always be maintained, be it the simple exchange of the lamps against LEDs, various trasistors and resistors. the goal is to achieve long-term stability. not to forget the variable resistors or various ic's in the vu- meters of the jm-s1000 ...

an example of a completely refurbished board with the marking of critical components (JM-S1000):
But according to the title, no repair report should take place here...

regards, jvc_graz

Good evening all JVC/Victor Fans
Picked up this morn one very nice Victor M-7070 in excellent shape from Hamburg Hauptzoll Amt
Catched unfortunatly only one of this cute Monoamps in the Tokyo Bay maybe thats why costs just few Yen
Sitting here and enjoy the monoral sound with a pair of
JBL L19 and really must say after couple of hours listing session wish to have urgently another
one of this xtraordinary good sounding
little beast
one quest to the experts sofar didnt see the watt indicator lamps give any sign of action all dark guess there must be something wrong Lamps broken my guess or some other problem sofar im listening to lower level but even if set volume up for short moment its all dark,anyway compare the 7070 with my other Victors soundwise this one is a head of the others
Well thats the first impression in my ears and all subjective
testing all equipment with Jbl l19 first and later with other speakers luckly this amp got 2 speaker output
Arrrgghhhhhhh damn what a good sound now right my choice
Radioparadise sounds extremly good cause amp is on fire now
Cheers
:beerchug:

DSC02367.JPG

some naked pics

DSC02360.JPG

DSC02357.JPG

Attachments

• 20180214_213848.jpg
    20180214_213848.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Picked up this morn one very nice Victor M-7070 in excellent shape from Hamburg Hauptzoll Amt
Catched unfortunatly only one of this cute Monoamps in the Tokyo Bay maybe thats why costs just few Yen
JBL L19 and really must say after couple of hours listing session wish to have urgently another
little beast
one quest to the experts sofar didnt see the watt indicator lamps give any sign of action all dark guess there must be something wrong Lamps broken my guess or some other problem sofar im listening to lower level but even if set volume up for short moment its all dark,anyway compare the 7070 with my other Victors soundwise this one is a head of the others
testing all equipment with Jbl l19 first and later with other speakers luckly this amp got 2 speaker output
Cheers

View attachment 1114507
Nice grab! Keep looking for a mate. Watt indicator light board may have cold solder joints. Pull the cover off and have a look. See if moving the light board while playing music they start working.
Do I spy a M-7050 under the 7070? I have three of them. Fantastic power amps!
Glenn

Hey Glenn
Yeah nice grab the 7070 just 12000Yen and need a mate for sure
You right its a 7050 another Gem in my arsenal of sound its understandable you got 3 of them in yours
well ill try to fix the indicator lamp problem myself but how to check cold solder points hummmm?
cheers
Wally

Hey Glenn
Yeah nice grab the 7070 just 12000Yen and need a mate for sure
You right its a 7050 another Gem in my arsenal of sound its understandable you got 3 of them in yours
well ill try to fix the indicator lamp problem myself but how to check cold solder points hummmm?
cheers
Wally
If the meter lights board, (are these LED's on a board?) see if there's any board movement. This would indicate the solder joints are loose, and not making solid contact.
Looks like you'll need pull another cover to see the meter board. Post some close up pics.
Looks very clean in there otherwise!

DSCF1775.jpg

Nivico 5030U

DSCF1775.jpg

Nivico 5030U
Love these models! Looks very clean. How it sound?
My dad has the predecessor, 5003 receiver. It will need some work though, been sitting for years unused. He's the original owner from 1968!

Last edited:
It sounds very nice, I have it connected to a pair of Dynaco A-35's and it's definitely a keeper. I made the mistake of trying to straighten out the bent tuning knob, but you know how that goes, It snapped right off. luckily I was able to drill the shaft and repair it with a brass rod. I planned on soldering it in place but I found out that I own 3 non working soldering guns.

QUOTE="Oilmaster, post: 11317394, member: 94737"]I let you guys soak up this scenery in my living room last xmas :beatnik:
True Victor guys know what these are......
It took me 5 years, or is it 6.....?

One unit belongs to a fellow AKer in California who shipped it to me for a decent preserving renovation, which triggered the renovation of all four units in one go. Started that project 3 weeks ago; expect to take 2 months for the first one, then 1 month for each other one. When all are done I intend to do a profound dedicated thread on it

View attachment 1113140[/QUOTE]
Drool worthy. :eek2:

Hello, JVC fans! I’m another from down under. My A-X9 is my favourite vintage amp. Stunning looks, it could have been built a week ago. Recently serviced and re-biased, this example is anxiously waiting to get back to active duty in my system. Just a beautiful sounding integrated. If it carried the Sansui, Marantz or Pioneer name, it would have been beyond affordability for me.

I used to run a Victor QL-A75 turntable with the A-X9 and a pair of Celestion A3’s and my goodness they made music!

936B07BB-0C88-471C-889C-3F72CFA08D6D.jpeg

Hello, JVC fans! I’m another from down under. My A-X9 is my favourite vintage amp. Stunning looks, it could have been built a week ago. Recently serviced and re-biased, this example is anxiously waiting to get back to active duty in my system. Just a beautiful sounding integrated. If it carried the Sansui, Marantz or Pioneer name, it would have been beyond affordability for me.

I used to run a Victor QL-A75 turntable with the A-X9 and a pair of Celestion A3’s and my goodness they made music!

View attachment 1222979
Superb, rare integrated! Hold on to that beast!
Love mine.
Cheers, Glenn

little beast
Cheers

View attachment 1114989

some naked pics

View attachment 1114988

View attachment 1114986

I owned a pair of the M-7070 amps in the mid-1970s until 1987 when I foolishly replaced them and my Dyna PAT-5/FM-5 with a Yamaha R2000. I am STILL kicking myself for ever letting those monoblocks go. They were, to say the least, spectacular with their digital power supplies and extremely low distortion. At that time I used the 7070s with a pair of mirror imaged Dahlquist DQ-10a, then later on with Maggie MG1s. In both of those systems I incorporated an M&K Volkswoofer - which I still use today with a pair of B&W DM 302s. The tuning section of the Yamaha R2000 was mediocre, but I soon discovered The Yamaha CR-2040 and have used it since 2004. If you're wondering why I moved to a receiver...I could no longer deal with ground loop and hum issues because I wanted to keep the M-7070s next to each speaker. That meant longer low level-high impedance cables from the PAT-5 to the 7070s. Fortunately, I haven't made that stupid kind of equipment swap since that time. Live and learn !

Aloha
Luckly scored a Victor JM-s7 and SS-a180 during vacation In south eastasia and send them just in time to pick them up in Hamburg when im back mid September
after Heinz the Radioman checked them ill hook Amps on JBLs
willing to Report later about the sound impressions
Cheers from KL
Wally
20180910_122858.jpg 20180910_122917.jpg 20180910_122322.jpg 20180910_122316.jpg

Always good to step across with JVC topics/threads, considering i'm a HUGE fan of the brand, and even managed do work for JVC here in Portugal :D

I also have a humble "collection" of JVC equipment, where i give special attention to a couple of items:
AX-Z1010
FX-1010
RX-1010V
XM-D1

I have been following jvc_graz collection since many years (10-12 maybe), and it's a pleasure to see such a collection.

@jvc_graz can i PM you about a JVC SVHS demo tape? Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom