What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

because he is so close i almost want to go for a listen. which would just cause problems with my obsession to have it all. they are a good looking speaker. he is also selling all his audio that he used on with these. a sweet set up ... like i said before, where do you stop?

I believe, Jim, that if you acquired those speakers, you could stop shopping for speakers.

Of the top 10 selling albums the only 2 I like and own are ZEPPELIN IV and Appetite for Destruction.
Of the top 10 on that "list of best-selling" I own 5. Eagles Greatest Hits,Led Zep IV, AC\DC Back to Black, Shania Twain-Come On Over, and the only one on vinyl-Boston's Boston. Funny thing none were bought new so I did nothing to help them get on the "Best Selling List"( I take that back I do remember buying Boston new on cassette which I no longer have)

I watched the value on Marantz units steadily rise over the last decade. They are rock solid units. I still use mine to this day. I wasn’t even old enough to drink when I bought this.

Agree on all counts. Many many years of enjoyment. At $399.00 over the course of 41 years that's 37 cents a day and reducing every day. That's a good bargain for a wonderful lifetime of quality use. Not to mention it's still worth $399.00 plus plus.... for spot cash so actually in a roundabout way it could be a 41 year rental for free.

i know in my heart, i cannot keep it all. and my son shows no interest in loud music. hell, in good music also. so some will have to go. But not today;)

Wife and I were talking about this the other day. There is no one I know who would want all my stuff. So I am making a list with prices so she can liquidate it when I am no longer using it!

Frank this reminds of the guys that walk up to me on sound jobs and ask me why I use this or that, with a faint inflection that they might own something more expensive, while not understanding that I have lots of work because I know how to use what I have. The woods are full of guys with tons of high end sound gear that can't get a gig to save their ass, because the gear is a show off the dollars spent dog and pony show they put on , and not used like an expressive artists tool.
Jason, you nailed it.
All this guy could talk about was the $133.00 that I paid and that it followed the same failed design of every other manufacturer since the early '90's, blah, blah, blah. He clearly never read the reviews that I posted that spoke of the Sherwood's replication of '70's era simplicity and it's use of discrete circuits rather than integrated circuits. He was going on about it's resale value being nothing and even went so far as to insult my Pioneer SX-650 and Sony STR-AV900 as being evidence of why I thought so much of the Sherwood. My only goal was to get him to leave the thread and allow it to be a discussion of a nice, 2 channel budget friendly powerhouse receiver, which I feel it is.

As I believe Mac Ted so eloquently said the other night. "If at the end of your listening session you wish you could keep listening, then your gear is good gear."

Back
Top Bottom