What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

OK, This is serious. Spex you need to get them ALL....ASAP. Everything you know depends on this. If you only buy one more get Strangers in the night. It is one of the best live albums ever and every song is great. This was Michael Schenker at his best. This I am being serious about. Trust me. (Just get them all).

I definitely will. I haven’t been steered wrong by anyone here yet. You know how nice it is to walk into a record store and know what a lot of albums are because of nice folks teaching you. It’s awesome and truly appreciated. :)

I definitely will. I haven’t been steered wrong by anyone here yet. You know how nice it is to walk into a record store and know what a lot of albums are because of nice folks teaching you. It’s awesome and truly appreciated. :)

Do you know how terrible it is to go in a record store and you mind goes blank and cant remember anything because you are hip-mo-tized by all the records (and getting old) Well mostly getting old. Then only buying your 10th copy of Rush Caress of steel. Because thats all you could remember. Well I do. Don't get old it sucks.

View attachment 1114187 Oh my!! That sounds like heaven! I’ve seen the photos but did not know you had that much Marantz gear!
I use the 2240 as a full function pre for the 140 into Large Advents, very simple recipe.

The 1030 with small Boston's or Minimus 7's is for my late evening jazz while reading sessions. (Almost every really cold night)

Home theater room is all Sony ES with Klipsch speakers. and a really fun LG Blue Ray player, and a Samsung 60 inch 4K.

View attachment 1114187 Oh my!! That sounds like heaven! I’ve seen the photos but did not know you had that much Marantz gear!
I use the 2240 as a full function pre for the 140 into Large Advents, very simple recipe.

The 1030 with small Boston's or Minimus 7's is for my late evening jazz while reading sessions. (Almost every really cold night)

Home theater room is all Sony ES with Klipsch speakers. and a really fun LG Blue Ray player, and a Samsung
Back in 1975 I purchased a MARANTZ 2275 receiver the day after I saw it advertised on Johnny Carson's Tonight show. I believe I paid @$700.00 for it and I kept it for 10 years. It sounded as good as it looked. Today it's considered a classic.

Mac unfortunately I think you sold a keeper...cool story..very nice. Those old Marantz ads are viewable on youtube.

Do you know how terrible it is to go in a record store and you mind goes blank and cant remember anything because you are hip-mo-tized by all the records (and getting old) Well mostly getting old. Then only buying your 10th copy of Rush Caress of steel. Because thats all you could remember. Well I do. Don't get old it sucks.

I sure don’t. Did you really buy 10 copies of Caress of Steel!?

Something mellow but still challenging. May well be their best effort.

The Moody Blues ~ To Our Childrens Childrens Children
1969 Threshold Records THM 1

https://www.discogs.com/The-Moody-Blues-To-Our-Childrens-Childrens-Children/master/41331
013.jpg
Challenging is a good word. It took me a long time to get to like that album.

Most of you here probably know that Brian Eno did The Microsoft Sound. I wonder if he considered expanding it into a tone poem or symphony?

In regards to Brian Eno, after Roxy Music recorded their 2nd album FOR YOUR PLEASURE, Eno and Ferry disagreed about where the band was heading, so Eno left the band. Ferry says he fired Eno because he felt Eno's keyboard playing wasn't up to snuff and was hurting the band.

Back
Top Bottom