What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I use the 2240 as a full function pre for the 140 into Large Advents, very simple recipe.

The 1030 with small Boston's or Minimus 7's is for my late evening jazz while reading sessions. (Almost every really cold night)

Home theater room is all Sony ES with Klipsch speakers. and a really fun LG Blue Ray player, and a Samsung 60 inch 4K.

:eek:Nice set ups man! Had Advent Large Original and New. Loved em both! You got really sweet gear man!:thumbsup:

Sounds good. I've been listening to various Hank Sr. tunes. Good stuff:thumbsup:
You guys have made my next selection for me.

Hank Williams ~ Live At The Grand Ole Opry
1999 Mercury 314-546 466-2

https://www.discogs.com/Hank-Williams-Live-At-The-Grand-Ole-Opry/release/2751151
014.jpg

Dang! Some folks just aren’t very nice. Not sure why the one poster made a point to state “would I use it to drive difficult loads, no it’s a $100 receiver. o_OWhat does that mean? What the hell does that even mean? Why does it’s price somehow dictate that its not capable?
Sounds like a truck driver. Kevin is a truck driver, let's ask him!

Serious, if I do not make a list of records my mind goes blank. Then I walk around like a dullard. Until my wife says , ARE YOU DONE YET ????
I don't have that problem. Down here at the last gas station before the world's end I have choices of Lawrence Welk, Zamfir,Tanya Tucker, Montovanni, Alabama, Guy Lombardo and The Statler Brothers...makes it pretty easy to roll with Tchaikovsky.

This is very nice. From the thrift shop last Friday. Super clean vinyl. Well cared for.

Tchaikovsky: Violin Concerto in D Major
Moscow Philhamonic, David Oistrackh conducting
1967 Melodiya/Angel SR- 40009
https://www.discogs.com/Igor-Oistra...kh-Violin-Concerto-In-D-Major/release/3585091

011.jpg

009.jpg
If you ever get to hear Isaac Stern play this you will be utterly amazed. He, Itzak Perlman, and Pinchas Zuckerman were considered the top violinists in the world during the 70s. I don't know Igor Oistrakh, but David Oistrakh is very good also. Maybe a son?

If you ever get to hear Isaac Stern play this you will be utterly amazed. He, Itzak Perlman, and Pinchas Zuckerman were considered the top violinists in the world during the 70s. I don't know Igor Oistrakh, but David Oistrakh is very good also. Maybe a son?
Yes, it was indeed his son. I left that part out. Igor's performance was stunning. Honestly thought he was gonna burn the strings right off the violin at one point.

Back
Top Bottom