Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Man, I had a great day at the local buy-the-pound last night. Pulled about $1300 worth of soul and surf/garage 45's. Got a bit of a punch in the gut though when I saw a pair of JBL L46's walk out the door as I came in. Just needed a refoam. The guy is a known speaker hoarder, so sadly, they're heading to his storage unit to sit for 20 years until he dies. Some of the 45's were pretty unobtanium though, so I think I did well.

Been a bit dry here lately, but I found something today. This was at the bottom of a cart in the donation drop off area. I asked the asst manager if I could check it out. It powered up, but had a loose tuning button. Got it cheap as a "fixer upper". 60 WPC Akai AA-R42 receiver in all it's 80's glory. Works well and sounds good.

1518545842137514090318.jpg

Been a bit dry here lately, but I found something today. This was at the bottom of a cart in the donation drop off area. I asked the asst manager if I could check it out. It powered up, but had a loose tuning button. Got it cheap as a "fixer upper". 60 WPC Akai AA-R42 receiver in all it's 80's glory. Works well and sounds good.

View attachment 1113783

Boy, that sucker is the personification of that decade. I kind of like it! I bet it sounds just fine too

Local S.A. still has that Beogram 3000 (later, linear tracker version), for $15. B- aesthetic condition, spins up, but no stylus.

Somebody talk me outta this thing, please!

Local S.A. still has that Beogram 3000 (later, linear tracker version), for $15. B- aesthetic condition, spins up, but no stylus.

Somebody talk me outta this thing, please!

I saw one of those several months back, and looking up the price of replacement parts did the trick for me

View attachment 1113783
I wonder if Pioneer made that for them. They had a line that looked really similar.

That's how I do it. I try to buy one with a good stylus, and then I look for a second one of the same type, or one that has a good stylus even if it is a different model. Then I sell the best with a spare stylus. Changes the pricing model drastically. I have a really nice keeper 4002, with a good spare stylus on a cosmetically less appealing one for parts.

Found this QSC 1700 power amp priced at $5 bucks but I only paid $2.50 since it was half price weekend at the thrift store.
For some reason they thought it was an air conditioner :dunno::rockon:
Oh yeah,this beast sounds amazing! Detailed and crispy and powerful hooked up to my KLH 317's
17gklOS.jpg

nceboa3.jpg

q6cw44h.jpg
hJPIlsN.jpg
YwLOxdf.jpg

hAQfROk.jpg

This was hilarious!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
fuMIc3d.jpg

Found this QSC 1700 power amp priced at $5 bucks but I only paid $2.50 since it was half price weekend at the thrift store.
For some reason they thought it was an air conditioner :dunno::rockon:
Oh yeah,this beast sounds amazing! Detailed and crispy and powerful hooked up to my KLH 317's
17gklOS.jpg

nceboa3.jpg

q6cw44h.jpg
hJPIlsN.jpg
YwLOxdf.jpg

hAQfROk.jpg

This was hilarious!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:
fuMIc3d.jpg

Is it blowing warm air pretty well though?

That is hilarious and an amazing score.

Back
Top Bottom