Anyone else ready for Spring....and why?

I am ready for Spring because I'm sick to death of this Winter which has been the warmest, most rainy one I ever experienced. You damned lousy Winter totally failed - so get the fuc* out of my valley!!!

And my 91 years old mother is ready for Spring because she is pining for her garden. She is still recovering from a more than three weeks lasting severe bronchitis triggered by the weather conditions mentioned above.

Last edited:
I am ready for Spring because I'm sick to death of this Winter which has been the warmest, most rainy one I ever experienced. You damned lousy Winter totally failed - so get the fuc* out of my valley!!!

And my 91 years old mother is ready for Spring because she is pining for her garden. She is still recovering from a more than three weeks lasting severe bronchitis triggered by the weather conditions mentioned above.
This has been a miserable winter. I have two pipes that busted underneath my house from the extreme cold!

It's been a really cold winter in these parts ....so for you in cold weather climbs why are you looking forward to spring?

......maybe it's the sports car in the garage.....the new riding lawn mower.....getting your hands dirty again working the soil in the garden .....or anything else you love doing?

Pics are good!!!

Here is why I'm waiting eagerly .....

Winter can't be over fast enough for me.I'm 71 this year and you know what that means,I've lived through 70 past Winters and have had enough especially Winterpeg Winters,you have to live through them to get my drift.Summer is the only time I can really live it seems.:)

Winter can't be over fast enough for me.I'm 71 this year and you know what that means,I've lived through 70 past Winters and have had enough especially Winterpeg Winters,you have to live through them to get my drift.Summer is the only time I can really live it seems.:)

I'm 58 so you have gone through a few more them me....but I get you loud and clear.

I try to "enjoy" them as best I can but I sure look forward to Spring...Summer...and Fall!

Enjoy it when it gets here :thumbsup:

We're still waiting for WINTER down here. Temps have been 6-10 degrees F above average, only a couple of freezing nights, and it's been very dry even for southern AZ. Very nice for tourists, but if this continues, spring will be like summer. We had big monsoon rains in July, then the pattern moved east to New Mexico, and we've been short of moisture since. Large brush fires from time to time (not near me). Rain finally coming this evening and next couple of days, may bring us back to average moisture.

Spring is a wonderful, a beautiful season. The Hot Pants in the streets will return...

Kidding aside - I know that a lot of you folks suffered from a very hard Winter and you are longing for the first warm sun rays on your faces. However, since Winter is my favourite season (and I actually feel cheated by this one) I would enjoy the forthcoming season more if there would have been a preciser discrimination between Winter and Spring in our region.

Mid-March marks the start of migration season. Looking forward to getting out in the fresh air at a wildlife refuge down on the Mississippi flyway. Also my workbench sits on a concrete floor in the unheated basement, so electronic repair/DIY is strictly a three-season activity.

It's been a really cold winter in these parts ....so for you in cold weather climbs why are you looking forward to spring?

Yes, I'm ready for spring. This winter has been cold and snowy, but it has warmed up just above freezing shortly after every snowfall, followed by extreme cold. The net result being crusty, icy snow that's not really good for doing anything. I like to get out cross country skiing, but this year has been crap.

As far as what I'm looking forward to? Gardening and playing with my kids in the backyard. They're finally old enough (8 y.o.) to not be afraid of the ball and really got into baseball last summer. They've been telling me they're looking forward to playing this summer.

I'm looking forward to getting my 67 Belair back on the road though the mountain of snow sliding off of it during a warm spell had almost totally mangled my drivers side wiper arm. If I have to replace it, it might be tough to find. ;) The other thing I can't wait for is for my local golf course to open up. I've got a few new clubs I'm just Jonesing to hit.

I want to get back on this baby again!

17_questelite.jpg

...another simple pleasure is just chillin' on the back deck

Kinda needed one......funny in 34 years of marriage this is the first deck we have ever built

So late last summer built this......looking forward to enjoying it for an entire season!!

Super good looking!
We built a deck ourselves off the second story three years ago.
Though it was great from day one, the addition of a couple zero gravity chairs made it a destination.
Golf is my thing. Love it. Helping the local HS golf team out this year and can’t wait to get them out on the course.

Back
Top Bottom