Hooning around the back roads in a quick Gen 2 Corvette....

That's just a nice leisurly cruise, it would be a little hairier if I were driving that Vette. :p It sure sounds nice and strong

Shocking, somebody (sort of) driving it like it was meant to be. Actually is shocking. Most (sporting machines) get driven short distances (like to the local cars and coffee), never see full throttle, never revved beyond about 3k, tip toed through turns, and taken home. A sad existence.

Nice Vette! I always liked C2s.
Davidsonville Md.

My only question : where are all the cops that pounce on me if I go 5 or 10 over the limit??

Problem is, when that @$$hole kills himself doing that on a public road, he stands a good chance of killing some innocent person at the same time, and eff up a perfectly good Corvette.

Nothing like the truth to kill the buzz. I run an E39 540/6 for sport. So much fun, but it's not a straight line racer. I get jazzed at a little over speed limit on curves.

Nice and has to be a big block , the sound is amazing . Reminds me of driving my big block 67 Camero all done up

Nice and has to be a big block , the sound is amazing . Reminds me of driving my big block 67 Camero all done up

Nope....it`s a 350 with a .030 clean-up overbore (355 cu. in.)....with this as a base, add the proper combination of heads, cam, intake, headers, etc., and you`ll get some prodigious HP out of that "Mouse Motor"....

As a lifelong Corvette enthusiast, I love to see a vintage model driven the way it was intended rather than just sitting in the garage looking good. Nice video!

Yeah... nice car. I'd be more impressed if I didn't see the # houses zipping past right next to where he's tearing it up, and him camping on the wrong side of the road when the speed he was doing really didn't require it. A pet or kid stepping into the road at several points of that drive was a real possibility too. I imagine the folks living along that wooded road didn't move there to listen to hot rodders running up and down past their places, either. Having fun and enjoying your car is one thing, imposing that on other people along with the risks he took don't sit particularly well with me, and I'm really aggressive behind the wheel personally - just not under those circumstances.

Find somewhere more appropriate and knock yourself out, is my take on it.

John

little to no visibility around curves, and trees very close to the pavement leaving no safe escape route should a kid or an animal appear. plenty of mail boxes, houses, and fences are seen whizzing by so there are people around. I agree with those who have questioned the safety of this type of driving on those particular roads.

that small block does sound sweet

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom