February 24, 2018 Chicago (sort of) South Wisconsin Get-Together

Robie

Live it or live with it.
Subscriber
All, not many responses on my previous thread.

The date is 2/24/18 and I'm in Paddock Lake, WI about 45 minutes north of my previous abode in Glenview, IL in case any of you attended before. We will start at 1 PM and go til the last man or woman standing.

This event is perhaps more about socializing than audio but y'all are welcome. I have my new mostly finished garage with upstairs play room and my tiny cabin next door. Think a bit rustic but not too much.

I'll provide a main course.

Please bring whatever you want to hear, music or equipment-wise. Also please bring your beverage of choice and an appetizer/snack or dessert to share. I've got lots of vintage equipment but love to hear whatever you think is great sounding and portable. Tubes are encouraged.

PM me for specific address and directions.

According to my not audiophile wife, it's the best party she's ever been to so please remember your significant other if appropriate.

Looking forward to it.

I looked through my list of attendees going back to 2013 and tried to contact you via a conversation. If you haven't been notified and wish to attend, please post here so I can send you the address and instructions.

Wish I could be there Bob that's my old stomping ground. We used to drive up to Paddock Lake a lot in the 70's, early 80's. There was a bar across the street from the lake on HWY. 50 that a distant relative owned called "Sportsman's Bar" or something like that.

Mike and Rich, please bring whatever you want to hear. I have the new Elacs that I think sound pretty nice as well as all the other stuff you've seen.

Mike, you know how I love those MKIIIs. But if they are a hassle to move, bring something else you like.

One week away. If you haven't already, please PM me if you want to attend.

Regretfully I have to bow out. I didn't realize that my wife had bought concert tickets with another couple for that night. I'd tell everyone who we're going to see but you'll laugh.

OK...it's a Flock Of Seagulls. Seriously.

Regretfully I have to bow out. I didn't realize that my wife had bought concert tickets with another couple for that night. I'd tell everyone who we're going to see but you'll laugh.

OK...it's a Flock Of Seagulls. Seriously.

Ok, Rich but if you have any trouble with that tuff crowd.....you know where to find us.

I went to one of thier shows once before and when things started to get too rowdy I ran.

I ran so far away...

One week away. If you haven't already, please PM me if you want to attend.

Guys regrettably looks like I have to skip this. It’s my daughter’s birthday and she elected to invite a bunch of kids over for a sleep over! I m going to be a big baby sitter that afternoon

Guys regrettably looks like I have to skip this. It’s my daughter’s birthday and she elected to invite a bunch of kids over for a sleep over! I m going to be a big baby sitter that afternoon
Sorry, Kwing. Perhaps a summer event is in order too.

Robie, it looks like I won't be able to make it. I've been out of town the last two weeks and wanted to do something with the wife since we missed Valentines day.

Hope to meet up in the future.

Lots of cancellations from some long time attendees. Still lots of folks coming. Looking forward to it. Pictures at 11.....

While it sounds far, it's only 45 minutes north of my former house in Glenview.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom