What TT's do you folks have

Got this for free, platter was froze. Need was shit. Rubber mat was warped and unglued.30 bucks later she's a champ again.

Wow, does that bring back memories. That was my 1st TT with a Magnetic Cartridge. I still have a dozen or so records that were played on that table. Machine Head, Tapestry to name a couple. Nice vintage find. :thumbsup:

Rekindling my affair with audio (sold all my bachelor gear when I started my family).
Starting vinyl experience with a Technics 1300 and a Pioneer PL 518( for comparison, had a Rega P3 when I was young and foolish). Swapping a Nag MP 110 between the two for now. Both are spinning nicely but making a few tweaks, beginning with a recabling for both (Blue Jean LC-1 cable). I am certainly having fun!

Thanks Guiller I had the tonearm done at SME Tonearms in Canada. Was told it was the in the worst shape they had ever seen. The PO had it in the garage for over 20 years wrapped in packing tape.
The headshell leads just crumbled in my hands.

DUAL 601 Belt Drive with Grado Cartridge

038.jpg

037.jpg

IMG_1391.JPG I was gifted a Linn K9 cart when a friend moved on to a MC cart.....not having a turntable where i am staying on holiday for a few weeks, and did not want to spend too much cash...i bought (don't laugh) a Music Hall USB1 TT & attached the Linn K9...then ,using a pair of AudioEngine 2 powered speakers...when down to the local(very good) record shop & purchased 5 lps....YES! the sound of vinyl came thru in full bloom...that Linn cart made that cheap TT sing!...

Hey mate, try on old Pickering XSV or Shure cartridge on that Dual. Low mass arms work and sound real good on the classic 70's Duals.
Some of the best built automatic tables ever made I say.
Still using the orig Shur v15 III . Thanks.. will keep my eye out for a Pickering. I have a extra headshell.

Still using the orig Shur v15 III . Thanks.. will keep my eye out for a Pickering. I have a extra headshell.
I don;t want to be giving away my best fishing holes, but the Pickering is right up there with the V-15 III and markedly better than the V-15 II.
I like variety in carts but when I found something that did everything right ;like an XSV I didn;t feel the need to go any further unless it's a >$500 type cart and a whole higher level.

I have a Garrard Model 50 circa 1967 in absolutely " Pristine " condition with a Shure Cartridge
A Technics SL-D303 circa 1981 in Mint ( Like New Condition ) just purchased an Audio Technica VM 740 ML Cartridge with Alluminum Alloy cast cantilever and body with the trade mark " Micro Line " Stylus , having this cartridge mounted , aligned and balanced next week on my D303.Can't wait to hear what this cartridge will sound like. It's replacing the original ADC Series 1 Cartridge that came with the TT , so , it's a tremendous upgrade. I'll post a review after I give this baby a nice listen.

In a momentary moment of madness, I had given my entire audio system away to a friend a few years ago for free. Later, I got it back, minus the turntable, but otherwise intact. I needed a TT replacement and about that time my brother-in-law had one he was about to take to Goodwill. He gave it to me as a (temp) until I could find another I liked. I liked this one so much I still have it and have not bought another. The TT is not a 'high-end' one, but it is a solid performer and really all I need anymore: a Denon DP-7f automatic. I like the fact that I can control the functions with the dust cover down. The performance is adequate to my Pioneer 780 receiver and the speakers I now have so....it's what I have until I find another Pioneer to replace it

Had my new Audio Technica VM740ML cartridge mounted and tonearm balanced per new carts specs 1.75 grams and had my TT serviced , brought it home , hooked it up , made a bottle of cleaning solution for my Discwasher cleaning system and WOW , what a difference a good quality cartridge makes. I've been hearing instruments from my vinyl that I have NEVER heard before and the bass so rich , deep and smooth. I absolutely love this cartridge. Back to some listening , TTYL

20180217_174953.jpg
Had my new Audio Technica VM740ML cartridge mounted and tonearm balanced per new carts specs 1.75 grams and had my TT serviced , brought it home , hooked it up , made a bottle of cleaning solution for my Discwasher cleaning system and WOW , what a difference a good quality cartridge makes. I've been hearing instruments from my vinyl that I have NEVER heard before and the bass so rich , deep and smooth. I absolutely love this cartridge. Back to some listening , TTYL

Back
Top Bottom