What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I have embarked on my first foray with McIntosh.

I have a C2500 tube preamp on the way from AudioClassics.

Soon (likely later this summer) I will be looking for new MC275 or a pair of MC75.
Until then, I will likely still use the Luxman as the sole power amp--it has a main in and a pre-out----I am a bit confused which terminal to use.
I am thinking the C2500 would be connected to the Luxman main-in....?

Our new thread. :)

Tell us what McIntosh gear you are using. If you have photographs to share
please do include them.

Off topic posts in this thread will be subject to deletion.

You can attach pics or link to your hosting. You can also use and link from the Member's Gallery.

Carl

BTW, My amp that is pictured in my banner. I have 3 more of them.
Is anyone here running Infinity RS 9Kappa or RS 2b with Mac amps?. I would like to here what you have heard. My 2b seem to need more juice than my K9's. They both sound GREAT! But?

C2500 preamp (with Genalex Gold Lion's) and MC452.

I find the MC452 pairs extremely well with my Focal's, but when I was auditioning new speakers (for about a year or so), found the MC452 paired well with just about everything!

My equipment:
McIntosh C2500 pre amp, MC452 power amp, Autonomic MMS-5A server, PS Audio P10 power plant, DirectStream DAC, DirectStream CD transport, Focal Sopra No2 speakers, JL Audio F113V2 sub woofers (2), Sennheiser HD800 headphones, Dell laptop iTunes/Tidal/Roon, Wireworld cabling

1. What's the audio impact, if any?
  2. How much?
  3. What's the raw material?
1. None that I can detect
2. $125 for each stand. Feet and McIntosh logos were extra. I added these.
3. Western red cedar
The place I had the shelves done is literally around the corner from me. They only use salvaged wood. If you scroll down you'll see a couple more photos of the shelves before I added the feet:
https://www.tosowoodworks.com/

1. None that I can detect
2. $125 for each stand. Feet and McIntosh logos were extra. I added these.
3. Western red cedar
The place I had the shelves done is literally around the corner from me. They only use salvaged wood. If you scroll down you'll see a couple more photos of the shelves before I added the feet:
https://www.tosowoodworks.com/

Thank you. Where did you get the McIntosh logos and feet?

Thanks again. I've tried different bases for my TT. Currently using a granite slab. But have also tried wood, bamboo, etc.

2278A948-7920-446E-A6A9-BEF7A9588A36.jpeg I am using a McIntosh c40 and Mc7100.
Pioneer pl7L.

I have a question from my Mcintoah experts.
I want for the first time in 40 years lol
To try a MC cart does the C40 have a MC stage or should I go with a high output MC cart?

Thanks

View attachment 1121457 I am using a McIntosh c40 and Mc7100.
Pioneer pl7L.

I have a question from my Mcintoah experts.
I want for the first time in 40 years lol
To try a MC cart does the C40 have a MC stage or should I go with a high output MC cart?

Thanks
Very nice setup Martin. C40s are somewhat difficult to come by now-a-days. You'll need a HOMC, like a Denon DL-110, Dynavector DV10x5, etc with your C40. Enjoy - you may sell off all your MM cartridges shortly after.

Our new thread. :)

Tell us what McIntosh gear you are using. If you have photographs to share
please do include them.

Off topic posts in this thread will be subject to deletion.

You can attach pics or link to your hosting. You can also use and link from the Member's Gallery.

Carl

BTW, My amp that is pictured in my banner. I have 3 more of them.
MC240, C22, MR71

I just picked up an MX112 and an MC2505. I am loving this gear. Picked up from daughter of original owner that purchased it new in 1969. Original manuals and receipt! She has a set of Altec Magnificents that she is also throwing in. I haven't picked them up yet. They are going up for sale. I have no room for them. Pics coming!

Look away I'm Hideous!
Just getting a system up again after a serious financial crash a few years back.
All that remains are the Old CV speakers and a Phase linear 400 Power amp now in storage.

Starting to start over again with:

McIntosh C-26 Pre-amp
McIntosh MC-2100 amp
Pair of Cerwin Vega VS-15
2nd Pair of Cerwin Vega M-40
Just a beginning but a place to start again...

Attachments

• 20180305_092437[1].jpg
    20180305_092437[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 20180305_092556[1].jpg
    20180305_092556[1].jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 110
  • 20180305_092437[1].jpg
    20180305_092437[1].jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 100
DSC_0026.jpg Thanks - about to reheome some pieces so it will likely look like this on a more perminate basis ... Plan to keep my dad's C20/MR66/MC240 and on MC225 at least along with the Heresys ... Time to make room for some new additions ...

Last edited:
C2500 and MC302

0EBbqbc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom