What's Pioneer in your rig?

My rack system but not pictured is the RT-707,CT-F 900,CT-F 750, PL-510a

CrltgeS.jpg
Wow is that the jbl L100's at the side ?

Picked up a pristine VSX-D509S at an estate sale for $20. And I just happened to have the remote. It doesn’t have HDMI, so I may pass it on

Or not.

My 'Pioneer' is a 1978 vintage sx780 receiver. I am hoping to find a replacement wooden case for it and was led to this forum for that purpose. I am hoping to hook up with anyone who might be able to direct me to one, and I would also like to talk older so-call 'Silver Age' Pioneer receivers in general. Nice site, this.

My 'Pioneer' is a 1978 vintage sx780 receiver. I am hoping to find a replacement wooden case for it and was led to this forum for that purpose. I am hoping to hook up with anyone who might be able to direct me to one, and I would also like to talk older so-call 'Silver Age' Pioneer receivers in general. Nice site, this.

I'm also using a pristine original condition SX-780. I love the look and performance of those 70s receivers. Have you tried eBay for a case? I know some people hate eBay, but l've been a user for 20 years and have had a mostly positive experience.

I'm also using a pristine original condition SX-780. I love the look and performance of those 70s receivers. Have you tried eBay for a case? I know some people hate eBay, but l've been a user for 20 years and have had a mostly positive experience.
Does your unit also have a 5-sec (+-) delay when powering it on before the speakers are enabled? I have always wondered why the unit was built with one (if it was). Circuit protection, maybe?

Does your unit also have a 5-sec (+-) delay when powering it on before the speakers are enabled? I have always wondered why the unit was built with one (if it was). Circuit protection, maybe?

Most likely the protection circuit. Next time you turn it on, listen very carefully to the top of the cover. After a few seconds you should hear a faint click. That's the protection circuit. Saves a lot of heartache electronically.

Most likely the protection circuit. Next time you turn it on, listen very carefully to the top of the cover. After a few seconds you should hear a faint click. That's the protection circuit. Saves a lot of heartache electronically.
That's what I always kinda thought, tho I had another receiver for years, lower in power, that did not have this feature. I wonder if it's to protect the Darlington pair transistors (sanyo STK 0050 output transistors)?

What's Pioneer in your rig?

- Nothing, I have ears.

Ok, the truth...

I have still run a PL-61 every now and again... but I only kept it because it was my first tt, and I really like the two lower/raise tone-arm buttons.

I started with Pioneer, the chattel of the proletariat... then I was lucky enough to hear the rest of the story...

Well just about all my equipment is Pioneer.
SX-828 Receiver, PL-12D Turntable
CT_F7171 Cassette
H-R100 8 Track
SR-202W Reverb
4 CS-05 Pedestal Speakers
2 CS-701A Cabinet speakers
and the only unit not Pioneer is a Teac A-4010S Reel to Reel

Updated system:pioneer SX-626(it was free,left for trash pick-up) it's hooked up to a Garrard Type A TT and Klipsh KG4 and Polk Audio 5.The Marantz 2220B os pn the sidline for now.Serial number for sx626 TI 31758532,2220b is 2021.

Last edited:
SX-535 on my computer desktop pushing some old Bose bookshelf speakers on the desk or Klipsch 5.2 for filling the whole house with sound. In my man cave a X-77a integrated is having its turn with some EPI 200's. All sounds great.

Updated system:pioneer SX-626(it was free,left for trash pick-up) it's hooked up to a Garrard Type A TT and Klipsh KG4 and Polk Audio 5.The Marantz 2220B os pn the sidline for now.Serial number for sx626 TI 31758532,2220b is 2021.

Some of the best things come from some of the strangest places.

Back
Top Bottom