Bought Marantz 2265B.

Whitebear15

Might be s stupid question, just bought a Marantz 2265B receiver of ebay, its not arrived yet. While looking at the photos in the advert, I noticed that the pre in main out hasn't got any jumpers. Looked at other pictures of other 2265Bs on google and none of them have jumpers. Is this right? Cant wait for the receiver to arrive, hope it lives up to my expectations. Rob

Hi Rob

Nice receiver! They were made to not need jumpers as the Main In jacks have built in switches that normally connect to the preamp outputs. They can get flaky with age/dirt/corrosion and an instant and reliable cure is to install jumpers. Make sure they are the Marantz molded originals or that they are shielded as in short RCA to RCA cables, else you may pick up hum in Marantz receivers.

Thanks for the info, good to know theres a easy fix, if pre in, main out switches go dicky.
Im so impatient, cant wait for the 2265B to arive, payed a small fortune for it, vintage hifi here in the UK are so expensive compared to the US. Regards Rob

Congrats on the 2265B. Pictures and impressions when it arrives.
The seller has used the worst delivery company ever, here in the UK, just praying he has packed the 2265B well, If it ever arrives!!!. Heres a picture the seller has put on his advert. Will post picts and a review when it gets here. Rob

20180219_092731.png

cheaper here in the US because we have more landfills for the flippers to rescue and sell
on eBay.
Hi Bob,
Yes Ive seen a few on ebay here in the UK, rescued from a bin or tip, there was a receiver the other day on ebay, all the corners of the faceplate where bent and it had the wooden case all smashed. I looked at it and said "there having a laugh" they didnt even clean it up..Rob

you guys have such great legacy gear - naim, sugden, lecson, quad and not to mention
all those LS3/5As.

Congrats on the 2265B!

You have done well, these are great sounding receivers.

I rebuilt one of these a few years back and it is currently in my office system getting all day use.

Tracking saying "Out for delivery" Waited in for past two days for my 2265b but no delivery, Parcels to Go uk, attempted delivery, Rubbish, Im fuming, why do they tell lies, the drivers should be sacked. Contacted the seller on ebay, he has no idea. Hope it comes tomorrow, but not very hopefull. :no:

After contacting PTG, find out the courier couldn't lift the box, our Hermes driver is a old man. Its heavy. Well here it is at last. Got the 2265b playing thru my JVC SX911s Spks it sounds brilliant. Sounds very similar to my recapped Marantz 1060s. The looks are out of this world, its near mint condition as well, well chuffed..:rflmao:

20180224_135940.jpg

What a sound the 2265B is, dont think the base is as deep as my 1060s, but its clearer on the top end.
They all have their own sound, even my two 1060s both sound totally differant than each other.

Prefer the Marantz 2265B for the pure silver front panel, its ace. Rob

20180225_214528.jpg

Back
Top Bottom