Jazz Fusion Playlist

Nice find Jim, I saw that cover before. When they first released it it was untitled in the same year ('76) they re-released it again and named it "Jaco". Great album!!
I actually found it in my own collection. I had to have bought it back around 1974 or so. I spent quite a few years without a turntable but have kept and moved my albums a few times.
Ran across it just recently and couldn't believe I had never opened it. I still haven't but I need to. Life's too short!

I actually found it in my own collection. I had to have bought it back around 1974 or so. I spent quite a few years without a turntable but have kept and moved my albums a few times.
Ran across it just recently and couldn't believe I had never opened it. I still haven't but I need to. Life's too short!

Such a great find Jim! Scoring an album without leaving the house isn't the easiest thing to do. :)

Beloved Friday Fusion . . .

Miles Davis ~ Big Fun
Columbia, 1974

Miles_Davis,_Big_Fun.jpg

Miles_Davis,_Big_Fun_2.jpg

39650512465_9d24dc7a16_o.jpg

Introducing The Eleventh House with Larry Coryell

The Eleventh House with Larry Coryell

1974 Vanguard VSD-79342

My CD/LP/TAPE Collection

25674946437_1d69615c3f_o.jpg
I saw this lineup open up for Return To Forever in Symphony Hall!
It was a weird show. I've always been a huge Larry fan, but they were way too loud for the venue.
People were yelling for them to turn down. The set was loose to say the least.
Alphonse took a loooong drum solo and actually used a vibrator at one point on his drums!
Larry sat off to the side looking at his watch while this took place.
They finished and when RTF took the stage, they owned it. Perfect volume and performance.
Nevertheless, always dug Larry. RIP.

Dreams - Dreams
Personnel:
- Jeff Kent - keyboards, guitar, vocals
- Doug Lubahn - bass, vocals
- Bill Cobham, Jr. - drums, percussion
- Michael Brecker - tenor saxophone, flute
- Randy Brecker - trumpet, flugelhorn
- Barry Rogers - trombone, Wagner tuba
- Edward Vernon - lead vocals
- John Abercrombie - lead guitar
dreams.jpg

This has quite a BS&T/Chicago vibe, but it's early Brecker Bros/ Cobham Abercrombie, etc.

Back
Top Bottom