tuner search

vintage27

howdy, I'm in search of a good tuner and would like to know other than ebay or craigslist where to begin. probably be in favor of an older one thats been either restored or at least given a good bill of health and performs well. thanks for any info.

Good tuners are available almost daily on the Audio Karma buy/sell forum titled “Barter Town “. To view it you must be an AK subscriber at a cost of $25 annually which IMO is a genuine bargain. And you are supporting what must be one of the finest venues on the Internet.

I suggest that you determine what type of tuner you want/need and then look for markets and vendors. There is a good 25-30 year span of various types and quality of tuners available from next to nothing $ to a few thousand dollars. Or you could just start randomly buying and trading, gaining experience and opinions along the way, depends how much time or money you wish to spend and in what order.

I was looking for the same thing an my local used record store had a Yamaha T-2 "checked out" that I ended up buying for less that a 1/3 of the price ask. People aren't looking to buy tuners in general. A week later I bought a T-7 on CL not because I needed it but it was so cheap. Who doesn't need a backup for any vintage equipment.

I was looking for the same thing an my local used record store had a Yamaha T-2 "checked out" that I ended up buying for less that a 1/3 of the price ask. People aren't looking to buy tuners in general. A week later I bought a T-7 on CL not because I needed it but it was so cheap. Who doesn't need a backup for any vintage equipment.

Lemm know if you want to part with that T-2. I am in search of one!

Thanks Punker X. Yes, I let me subscription expire. Will renew. I am looking for a cosmetically perfect one. Missed out on one in Ebay this past week. :-(

I am looking for a cosmetically perfect one.

Then you didn't miss out. This one had several issues both electrical and cosmetic. Unless very lucky you will have to pay a premium for a minty T-2. Most I'm seeing these day even with a nice face and case have the problem of the paint coming off the meter pointers. Good Luck in your search.

As far as what to buy, TIC is one place that should be looked at.There's a ton of info and it sometimes makes the process more difficult. I'm thinking that you might want to narrow things down by deciding on either digital or analog tuning..and if analog, whether tubes or solid state. Then you can at least narrow down the vintage to search from. http://www.fmtunerinfo.com/index.html

Agreed - I like to check any tuner out on the Tuner Information Center before buying.

Back
Top Bottom