The Anti-Classic Rock Playlist

I heard this song accidentally the other day for the first time, and I loved it. I have never once heard it on the radio.

They also sang it with Daryl Hall, and it was pretty impressive there too:

I heard this song accidentally the other day for the first time, and I loved it. I have never once heard it on the radio.

They also sang it with Daryl Hall, and it was pretty impressive there too:

Pretty well=know artifact of the latter stage of CT's "good" period, this one received a lotta airplay in the Midwest, but can't vouch for its popularity @ the balance of American radio.

This, OTOH, got a fair amount of play, @ least in the major markets, or @ least in the big stations around Chicago circa 1967-8 or whenever this number happened to emerge.
Good to know. I first heard it on XM radio a few years ago. They often played songs that i never heard on my Classic Rock stations. This song could fit into the category songs modern classic rock stations have forgotten.

I will hear early Grateful Dead and Touch Of Gray on my local classic rock station WRZZ on Parkersburg WV. Never heard any late 70's stuff

"Touch Of Grey" made a big splash in Top 40 rotation around the Midwest in circa '87-'88, but "Shakedoen Street" did not.

Back
Top Bottom