What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

Light pollution. The fact that LED on street lamps is much more reasonable than the old technology is not a compelling reason to make the night brighter than the day. Oh my God, what a nonsense...

There is a sign on I-5 that lists wait times at the four border crossings. At night it is blinding and happens right after you round a bend. It is my least favorite part of driving home in the dark from that direction.

On a related note, a similar situation that is more than just a pet peeve of mine is stores that allow long lines to build up at the checkout registers when there are other employees within eyesight that are not helping customers. Lowes is one of the worst offenders so I go across the street to Home Depot before trying Lowes I never receive that kind of dis-service when I shop at my locally owned ACE hardware so they get first chance at my business whenever I possibly can.

Aldi. 6-8 deep. One cashier.
Can't get any help on the floor at Lowes. Forget it.
Ace is down the street from me. Competitive, convenient and they always are helpful.. I love the place.

In the USA our Rules of the Road state to proceed into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn. In heavy traffic sometimes only one or two cars will be able to turn once the yellow caution light comes on. Some people, when the light turns green, will not proceed into the intersection to wait to make their turn. Instead they wait at the line and sometimes, will not even attempt to turn, even when the yellow light comes on!!! And...no cars get through!!! Drives me nuts.
I've driven around them.

Yesterday (the 26th) I went to a Burger King while on a road trip. Ordered a chicken sandwich, hold the mayo, add mustard and keep the lettuce and tomato. The guy goes "We're out of tomatoes." At this point I saw the sign posted next to the drive thru speaker that said "We're out of fries and onion rings. We have hash browns."

Why you open.
Lol.
Why indeed.
The guy couldn't process what you asked for.
I've got another angle. Forget the drive through. Offer ten percent off if you COME in to buy your meal.

Last edited:
They just came by again!Sparks a flying!
Look out for the inch of salt they drop afterwards.

On another front, wtf is it with sodium chloride being applied 2 days before a snowfall?? I've seen these trucks pour this stuff as to soak the road on a nice day that the car in front of me picks it up and it splashes onto my windshield. A COMPLETE waste of time.

Current source of annoyance: Phone call backs, automated, "How did we do?" "Rate your experience"

I am fed up now. I just hang up as soon as I identify the call.
I can only imagine the response if after each job I arranged for the client to recieve a personless call to "rate" my work. Should not have to do this if the business is doing the job properly.

Well, at least at the fast food joints you get a free sandwich for responding. Every receipt I get has this question on it. Feed my dog the free one.

Last edited:
Pet peeving....One of my cats peed on my restored Kenwood KR 8050. It was on the floor. Right over the big volume knob and adjacent knobs. I know which one it was, too.

People who intentionally push your buttons. My sister's mother (she's a friend I adopted as a sister several years ago) has that capability. She's the "feel sorry for me" type. She'll set in on my sister about not caring for her, not every doing anything for her (mind you, she lives with my sister), she does stuff for everybody else, etc. All the while it's in this Forrest Gump tone of voice. She's been known to cuss my sister, cuss her nephew, and she's even cussed me before. Then after she's pushed buttons, she acts like nothing has happened, and you should just be willing to do whatever she wants.

People that replace their non-projector headlight bulbs with HID bulbs on their cars.
Without the projector lens to aim the light the new bulb's placement is different from stock and it lacks covering on the tip of the bulb so it turns their low beams into super bright flood lights.
They are easy to spot as they have no cut-off line at all, the light shines from the ground to the sky at full brightness.

Open records for sale described as "never been played". Especially when the seller is at least the second owner.

Must be getting grumpier every day, but I've learned to hate the continual sales type/cashier person/greeter, etc. with the "How are you today?"

The other day, I replied to one gal after this question going through the line up with, "Do you really care?" She just looked at me and replied, "Not really. I have have to ask this question". I then thanked her for her honesty, and we BOTH had a good laugh on this exchange.

Man,:rolleyes: we might as well have robots standing there, asking this same repeated, meaningless question. Mind you there IS a line(s) now that allow that robotic interchange of money for goods.

Try "I'm dead, thank you". Half way through their mono reply, they might catch it and say, "What?". Or they will just thrown back to you, "That's nice", without missing a beat.:biggrin:

Companies should allow them some other form of greeting, just for boredom sake, eh?

Q

In the USA our Rules of the Road state to proceed into the intersection when waiting to make a left turn. In heavy traffic sometimes only one or two cars will be able to turn once the yellow caution light comes on. Some people, when the light turns green, will not proceed into the intersection to wait to make their turn. Instead they wait at the line and sometimes, will not even attempt to turn, even when the yellow light comes on!!! And...no cars get through!!! Drives me nuts.

That's only partially correct. I looked that up in California rules, and there are some hiccups in that. You still have to be able to clear the intersection when entering. If there are right turning cars coming from the opposite direction that prevent you from making the turn, you are in the wrong.

It's one of those gray areas that can get you a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom