Black Panther - Believe the Hype

Wolverine

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
There has been a lot of positive buzz about this movie and so I was looking forward to seeing it. My son and I saw it this morning and it lives up to its advanced billing. Very good mix of character building and special effects. It also stands on its own without help from the Marvel Universe. As always with a Marvel movie you need to stay through the credits.

Missed a chance to see it yesterday, went back today and theater's full! Will have to catch it later. Friends say it's great.

Absolutely! Saw it today, will see it tomorrow. Even wifey liked it (that’s saying a LOT.)

Saw the 12:50pm show in a very small theater in NH. Including us there were 7 in attendance. This is a well acted film with great visual effects. It’s a ‘feel good’ story. Full of talented, beautiful actors. I get the hype. 2:15 runtime but moves right along.

There has been a lot of positive buzz about this movie and so I was looking forward to seeing it. My son and I saw it this morning and it lives up to its advanced billing. Very good mix of character building and special effects. It also stands on its own without help from the Marvel Universe. As always with a Marvel movie you need to stay through the credits.
Good point. We did but had we not we would have missed an important final scene.

Both the fiance and I struggled to stay awake during this one ... could have easily been an hour shorter.

IMG_1130.JPG Black Panther may reign in Wakanda......but my Wakonda is boss in my rig

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw it with my kid. A well made and fun movie, but I don't quite get the hype. Nothing particularly groundbreaking. Simple messages which were very appealing and designed to offend nobody. Lots of CGI craziness.

Felt the same after I saw "Independence Day." Still, it was good, escapist fun and there is nothing wrong with that. My kid love it.

Saw it with my kid. A well made and fun movie, but I don't quite get the hype. Nothing particularly groundbreaking. Simple messages which were very appealing and designed to offend nobody. Lots of CGI craziness.

I can do with without any messages, simple or complex. Just tell a good story, and keep the CGI to a believable minimum. Sadly those requirements disqualify most of the Marvel movies.

Good point. We did but had we not we would have missed an important final scene.

Did you mean TWO final scenes? We were about to leave after the first post credit scene, and were told by the couple behind us about the second scene after the final credits.

Great movie, and anyone who says it's not groundbreaking must not be paying attention.

Did you mean TWO final scenes? We were about to leave after the first post credit scene, and were told by the couple behind us about the second scene after the final credits.

Great movie, and anyone who says it's not groundbreaking must not be paying attention.
We left before the second scene :-( However our son saw both scenes and said the last one was more of a preview and not relevant to the plot of Black Panther. Is that correct?

We left before the second scene :-( However our son saw both scenes and said the last one was more of a preview and not relevant to the plot of Black Panther. Is that correct?

Yup. I'm not a huge Marvel nerd, but the second scene involved Bucky Barns, the Winter Soldier, being in Wakanda. What that means, I have no idea.

Well, Bucky (The Winter Soldier) was in Captain America: Civil War and "apparently" killed T'chaka, Black Panther's father. We found out that was not to true, so perhaps T'challa helps hide Bucky in Wakanda ...

The movie arcs are a bit different than the original story arc from the Fantastic Four comic books in the 60s where Klaw killed the King (to steal vibranium).

Just read the synopsis over the weekend from a reprinting of the original 60s comics that my cousin owned in Bentleyville, PA)

Panthers_Rage.jpg

Last edited:
^^ PS: I would write those same lines about a LOT OF Hollywood film products, be they fantasy, drama, comedy, based-on-real-event(s), or even non-fiction. Just don't get into it no mo'.

PPS: my family has asked me to "find" (I am a notorious torrenter) Shape Of Water (title accuracy?) when available. What, Creature From The Black Lagoon Meets Children Of A Lesser G-d? Oy vey.

Feel free to enlighten me. I have been known to change my mind.

PPS: my family has asked me to "find" (I am a notorious torrenter) ... Oy vey.
My local ISP gave me a 3 strikes, yer out warning a few years back ... I been on good behaviour since then.

Back
Top Bottom