Fur,Fin and Feather air pistol score today!

philo426

I was browsing at my local Fur,Fin and Feather store today and spotted a broom handle Mauser CO2 pistol for 30 bucks!Couldn't pass it up andit shoots pretty well.1520373533734700171789.jpg 1520373533734700171789.jpg

The pistol is mostly plastic but it does work well.The grips have to be replaced as they look cheesy.1520439749502-611978589.jpg

Don't point it at the cops. :p

Speaking of air guns, I was thinking of getting a pump air rifle some time just to get my feet wet. A friend said the Benjamin/Sheridan was a good one. .177 and has a muzzle velocity comparable to a 22. Anyone have any thoughts?

The Benji/ Sheridan is a good working air rifle for plinking, target, and pest control. For the latter, .22 may be preferable.
I use older German and British spring guns here, my Sheridan Silver Streak needs a valve job.

A friend just bought a Ruger break open .177 caliber air rifle for about $100. It is inexpensive, accurate and powerful. It is however, noisy when it shoots. Almost as noisy as a .22 rifle.

I like that broom handle pellet gun.

Don't point it at the cops. :p

Speaking of air guns, I was thinking of getting a pump air rifle some time just to get my feet wet. A friend said the Benjamin/Sheridan was a good one. .177 and has a muzzle velocity comparable to a 22. Anyone have any thoughts?
Go for it!
Me and the girls have been air gun, squirrel baggin mofos for quite a few years now. I use a break-barrel .177 Crosman Phantom with a 3 - 9X56 scope and love it. But, was thinking of getting .22 Targis 61UPYMSbx2L._SL1500_.jpg like this one with a little more stopping power.
We got some BIG squirrels around here!

Something to think about:
If your using it to hunt "game," don't spend all your time pumping the thing up. Go break barrel with some power behind it and that will give you more speed reloading.

Fabulous. Love to have one to keep the political campaigning vermin off my property....... :)

Those darned Canadians ;)
Can't live with them, can't let them take out the politicians!

Just one other thought. The original post referred to a CO2 pistol. I've had both pistol and rifle with CO2 powered platforms and what I discovered about that is from the 1st round you fire from them each and every round afterward has less and less velocity as the CO2 cartridge/cylinder depletes its gas.
None of the rounds will have the same impact velocity as that 1st one. It isn't really apparent at first, but the drop is there and more so each and every time.

Not a fan of C-O2 or pcp, I like the self contained consistent economy of springers and pumpers.

My Crossman 1077 semi automatic .177cal will shoot about 24 rounds then drops off rapidly. It's a older model from the early 90's and then was rated at 800ft pounds with fresh co2 cartridge. It was modeled style wise after the Ruger 10/22 carbine which I have to take to the range since I live in the city limits. The Crossman I can shoot at home using a target trap to keep any ricochet's from happening and never got any complaints from my neighbors. My wife likes the Crossman also, we did some target shooting with it this last weekend.
DSCI0161.JPG

I also like my Crosman/Remington Vantage 1200 with a Simmons Scope .I have her sighted in and it is a real tack driver!1520482443992435604469.jpg

My airgun mania began with Beeman in the early 1980s after catching the bug rebuilding and using a vintage Crosman pumper .22 from the decade after WW-2.
I still have a couple of those and some acquired later, Grumpy ended up with some of the others.

Yes, Beeman had quite the catalog. I've shot air guns for decades, but have never owned a CO2, just break barrels. Webley Tempest, a modified Daisy 717 and the first version of the Crossman Challenger rifle, which I think was sourced from FWB or similar.

Back
Top Bottom