Personal & Intimate Listening space

3kitty

I know for many of us in this hobby one of our goals is to create a listening environment that is both personal and of course enjoyable. My dedicated listening space is approx. 12 X 14 and everything in this space means something to me.....much of the non-audio contents pays homage to my grandparents homestead that they created from scratch......having immigrated here from Europe and Russia in the late 1800's they literally cleared the land both for the homestead and for their livelihood (farming). And also showing some love for my dad who played piano, saxophone and violin by ear. So whether it's the pipe display reminding me of my dad or the tube radios that remind me of my grandparents kitchen to all the artwork in the room that was either done by family members or friends, it's all meaningful to me.

I love to share this space with friends.....it took awhile to find all the components and get it all organized but I am very happy with the result.

Thanks for sharing my room and it's meaning!!

Nice setup. yopu have there.

Have you messed around with placement?

Like moving the gear to the center of the wall facing your chair and placing the speakers in the corners?

BTW love that table!

Barney

Nice setup. yopu have there.

Have you messed around with placement?

Like moving the gear to the center of the wall facing your chair and placing the speakers in the corners?

BTW love that table!

Barney

Thanks Barney!!

Yes I have as much as possible in a space this size and configuration.

...had the rack in the middle with speakers on each side straight firing to the listening chair and on the "long" wall of the room but as odd as I know it looks this is by far the best overall setup.

The soundstage is incredible and everything just seems to work well.

You're welcome to come have a listen :)

Thx!

Thanks,

Never been to Manitoba looks nice.

Been to and have family in PEI Nova Scotia Ontario New Brunswick.

Acadian by birth .

Barney

Very nice set up. Being below grade as in basement would help with distracting sounds. The wall with the door seems angled to the rest of the room. That must have been fun to compensate for.

Very nice set up. Being below grade as in basement would help with distracting sounds. The wall with the door seems angled to the rest of the room. That must have been fun to compensate for.

Thank-you!

There is a slight angle to where the door is....pics are often deceiving I find.
The angle didn't negatively impact the sonics of the room in any significant way.

And as I have been told many times the speaker angle does look goofy....but the soundstage and imaging are phenomenal.

My cousin has been in the audio business for over 40 years....sells and helps home owners create large and very expensive spaces for their audio enjoyment. He's won awards for his designs and been featured in audio rags.

I purchased the Triton 7's from him and as a favour he brought all his "gadgetry" over to the house to help dial in the speakers. He was shocked at how the room worked - I'm too naive to know really what I did but he certainly improved everything and as he left he said, "This was a good reminder that you don't have to spend tons of money to get very pleasing results". He said my system had terrific synergy.

Nice to have it reinforced but at the end of the day I enjoy spending time in there. Really all that matters right?

Enjoy the music!!

Clean, well-decorated, creative, artistic, well-organized, and downright relaxing. Excellent listening space, 3kitty. The lava lamp, old-school cameras, and Cat Stevens album add nice touches of spontaneity.

Clean, well-decorated, creative, artistic, well-organized, and downright relaxing. Excellent listening space, 3kitty. The lava lamp, old-school cameras, and Cat Stevens album add nice touches of spontaneity.

Very kind!!

Nice room, clean, well laid out. I don't doubt music sounds wonderful in that space.

And thank you for sharing a little info on the items in your room. A very nice tribute to your roots.

Love the carpenter's square sitting on the picture, reminds me of my grandfather.

What's the story with the practice golf balls?

Nice room, clean, well laid out. I don't doubt music sounds wonderful in that space.

And thank you for sharing a little info on the items in your room. A very nice tribute to your roots.

Love the carpenter's square sitting on the picture, reminds me of my grandfather.

What's the story with the practice golf balls?

Thx....

That carpenters square is VERY special to me. It was a dear friends .....he passed away 2 years ago but before he died he asked me to officiate his funeral service, which I was honoured to do.

....2 weeks after I buried him I officiated the wedding of his youngest son and his beautiful bride. Can you imagine the array of emotions in that time frame....bury your dad and then walk down the aisles with the love of your life, all in a 2 week time frame.

...anyway, after the funeral I asked his son if he would choose for me something of his dad's that I could put in my room.....and a week later he brought me this square. I asked why he had chosen this item and he said, one day when I was sitting with you and my dad having a coffee you used the line, "Measure twice, cut once" and this just made sense to give you.

It sits prominently in my room on top of a very special painting....another story!! :)

....golf balls? ....found while going for walks
....and we do not walk on a golf course and steal their balls....I promise!! :rflmao:

Similar family history - Europe/Russia to Canada in the 1800s - on this, East, end of the country here. Fabulous listening space. Love the green chair...oh and the table...lol
Good job. I hope to incorporate similar family heirlooms in my library/audio/listening space one day.
Kudos and enjoy! PS: I think I might have actually spoken to your cousin a few years ago about an amp I was looking at...lol

Thank-you also!

It is green that's for sure....but I never have found a Stressless by Ekornes used in Winnipeg....until this one.
I could never afford new....this was pretty well never sat in...upgraded leather and a steal compared to new.
....But I kinda like the green!

Enjoy choosing pieces for your space when you get to that part of your audio journey!

If you remember the name of the shop you were enquiring about the amp....drop me a PM and I'll tell you if it was him.

Back
Top Bottom