Some Cool Pics of Systems Past . . .

damacman

Resident Psycho
While surfing through pics on my PC, I came across a bunch of cool pics - confirming that I've been insane for nearly 3 decades now. Happy to elaborate on any of the photos if you guys want to know more . . .

Attachments

• OfficeGear2.JPG
    OfficeGear2.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 205
  • OfficeSystem2.JPG
    OfficeSystem2.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 204
  • MC2300_stack.jpg
    MC2300_stack.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 205
  • CV18s.jpg
    CV18s.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 194
  • CV18s_with_grilles.jpeg
    CV18s_with_grilles.jpeg
    65 KB · Views: 194
  • NEW Rack.jpg
    NEW Rack.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 195
  • subwoofers.jpg
    subwoofers.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 195
I was certain your condition has been with you for a long, long time. :D

I have to admit my McIntosh addiction goes back much farther than I am willing to admit to. :)

Very nice looking setups Tony. It looks like you can really rock the house. My addiction started in 1971 after saving for a year. :)

Very nice looking setups Tony. It looks like you can really rock the house. My addiction started in 1971 after saving for a year. :)
Thanks Mike. When I was younger and more ambitious, it was nothing to work a 60 hour week and then spend the weekend cutting holes in the walls to fab up whatever I dreamed up. My home in North Little Rock (Jacksonville) is the one with the paneling on the walls. Those are 18" CV woofers in BIG vented enclosures that were mounted in the attic.

The home with the white walls is my next home in Arlington, TX. I obviously moved the CVs / enclosures with me and did the same thing. The equipment rack in that home began as a bare wall. I cut the drywall and framed all that in with 3/4" thick plywood. I actually built the top section first and then built the lower section when I ran out of room in the top. Here are some more pics. I love how the Altecs dwarf my 20" TV! When we sold the home, the buyer had no use for it so I bet they drywalled it back up.

Attachments

• fronts.jpg
    fronts.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 91
  • rack, no gear.jpg
    rack, no gear.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 87
  • bottom # 1.jpg
    bottom # 1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 92
  • top section.jpg
    top section.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85
Excellent early adopter photos. You grew some serious and permanent addictions later. Love the triple MC2300 stack. Move over dead heads. When do we get your car system pics?

Excellent early adopter photos. You grew some serious and permanent addictions later. Love the triple MC2300 stack. Move over dead heads. When do we get your car system pics?
If memory serves, I had five MC2300s at that time. The bottom two are traditional silver/black amps and they were strapped to my Altecs. The top amp was an early 1Y unit with a super rare gold/black face. In this photo, it may have been running the 18" CVs. Note the date on the photo.

The gold/black amp came out of The Wrangler - a somewhat famous country western night club in Little Rock. I bought it in '94. It ran the four 18" EV subs there for decades. 2/3 of the parts in it were blown the **** up when I bought it for $400. I spent another $400 to have Chris Hornbeck at Custom Audio rebuild it. They sold and installed it originally.

I bought the silver/black amps (three in all) from a DJ in Shreveport - Ron Greene's Greene Machine IIRC. He bought 'em all new and was just tired of schlepping them around. Although all spent their life rack mounted, he had side rails, mounting hardware, receipts of purchase, and warranty cards for them all!

All of these systems were both 2-ch and multi-channel. Pink Floyd's Pulse on HiFi VHS was my go to demo.

My psycho car systems date back to '85. Several had thousands of watts.

Wow you've had some great looking set ups over the years:thumbsup: and I'm betting it was a lot of fun to. I said WTF out loud when I saw the one of your office with the dual 18'' subs:eek2:
Now I feel completely normal using a pair of ads 1530's for my computer monitors.

Wow you've had some great looking set ups over the years:thumbsup: and I'm betting it was a lot of fun to. I said WTF out loud when I saw the one of your office with the dual 18'' subs:eek2:
Now I feel completely normal using a pair of ads 1530's for my computer monitors.
Still have 'em. They're in the new office in the new home here. 18" Rockford Fosgate HX2s with Fs in the low 20s ...

We built the enclosures with easily swapped ports. I believe the ports in there tune to 28Hz. The others were going to be for 22Hz but I never built them.

Great stuff, love the custom enclosures. Thanks for the pics. Also for sharing your knowledge here over the years. Many times sorting out a problem I come across an old post where you and others have the answer.

Can you still hear?

What is the vertical mixer-looking thingy with sliders and many knobs in OfficeGear2.JPG in your first post?

Still have 'em. They're in the new office in the new home here. 18" Rockford Fosgate HX2s with Fs in the low 20s ...

We built the enclosures with easily swapped ports. I believe the ports in there tune to 28Hz. The others were going to be for 22Hz but I never built them.
Wow and here I think just one 18'' sub is overpowering; I can't imagine 2 in an office space:rockon:Are those the subs that the MC2500 lost out to the D1200?

Last edited:
Tony - a most impressive collection of gear and installations. Nothing says ‘overkill’ better than your office system! :) I bet it’s ‘just enough’ !
Tom

Can you still hear?

What is the vertical mixer-looking thingy with sliders and many knobs in OfficeGear2.JPG in your first post?
What?

That is a cheap Behringer DJ mixer that I had laying around at the time. First class POS but it did the trick until I could afford a better preamp.

Back
Top Bottom