What CD Player Do You Use?

I'm using a $20 Denon DCD-670, with coaxial out into a PS Audio Digital Link III.

Not crazy about the black plastic look of the unit, but it works flawlessly and sounds really good with the digital out into the PS Audio DAC.

I've thought about upgrading, mostly as I feel I would listen to CDs more if I thought my player was sexier. But I can't find anything for under about $1000 that makes me go "Yessiree!" (I'm a vinyl guy).

Any recommendations of players with coaxial out (the DACs optical in is being used by my Mac Mini server)? Something that I might chance upon for less than $200?

I got this bad boy in Wednesday: a Rotel RDV-1045. Painted the trim metallic gold because that's the look I'm going for. Digital out to my DAC, so we can ignore the fact that it's actually a DVD player.

20180321_185019.jpg

Just picked up my first CD player yesterday in Bend Oregon, it's a Kyocera, and she sounds wonderful. I was their to purchase my second set of Warfdale W90's. Also scored a Nacachimi, higher end cassette deck. Haven't tried it yet.

Dirk

Back
Top Bottom